Groups

Help on backing up DVD's Please anyone??

Hiya

I have decided to back up some DVD's cos I am sick of the kids scratching them and then they're done for.

So I just copied it to the PC, put a disc in, but the pc wont read the disc, now thats probably because its a cd one, I have a few I use to back up the pc, and they work for that but I have had them for years and years.

Anyway my software says insert DVDRW disc, so what disc do I need, i've just had a look and there are dvd-r, dvd+r,dvd-rw and dvd+rw?? This has really confused me, which do I need, does it matter???

Sorry for being daft and thanks for your help?? Hopefully lol??

7 Comments

Use DVDFAB,easy to use-best program.And you can find cracked version as well....

I use convertxtodvd or nero 7

Your dvd writer will have dvd-r or dvd+r on the front teling you which one it is.

Original Poster

I've got the software (although its probably quite old), the dvd writer (burner???) says insert DVDRW, well which does it mean, does it matter.

Its the discs I need I'm not sure about??

Rimi;3556869

Use DVDFAB,easy to use-best program.And you can find cracked version as … Use DVDFAB,easy to use-best program.And you can find cracked version as well....

i agree it's a brilliant programme :thumbsup:

dvdrw are rewritable discs which are better for a dvd recorder as you can erase and reuse them

dvd + or - you can only use once. once they are burned they are burned you won't be able to write over them so be careful hope this helps

bizzyme;3556976

I've got the software (although its probably quite old), the dvd writer … I've got the software (although its probably quite old), the dvd writer (burner???) says insert DVDRW, well which does it mean, does it matter.Its the discs I need I'm not sure about??

dvdrw are rewritable so maybe copy to this and check that the film has copied ok then maybe write to a plus or minus disc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410
      4. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…34

See more discussions