need your help guys on buying a laptop

ive seen this laptop so whats your opinion guys,

Lenovo Ideapad 100 Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 8Gb RAM 1Tb Hard Drive

need for school use really,

all advise appreciated

very.co.uk/len…prd

thanks

16 Comments

How much is it? Do you have a link to it? Lenovo make very good laptops and the spec you mentioned is a good spec. Nice big hard drive, decent amount of memory and the i5 processor is a good CPU.

There are a few variations re spec on ideapad 100's dependent on who is selling it and how old the stock is so a link to the seller would help.

Original Poster

£399 or £300 if they give cashback

Generally, it looks a decent enough laptop. The £400 Very price seems the cheapest and AO have it for £416.

My reservations would be that it has an integrated graphics card meaning that the CPU handles the graphics. For a laptop of that size I would want a separate video graphics card, especially if I intended to do some video work on it.

The battery is 4 hours so halve that - it depends how portable you need the laptop to be. If you are going to be near a plug then it is not a problem.

A nice have, but not important, would be a full 1080P screen.

Can you let us know what you intend to use it for re school work? Using it at home for homework, etc, or taking it to school? Is it just writing essays and online surfing or do you plan some more stuff such as video editing or graphic work?

amir

£399 or £300 if they give cashback

You need to ask others about the Very cashback. I have seen mixed comments on here from posters about it.

Have you checked around may find it slightly cheaper than that - make sure the processor runs at over 2Ghz. Bought an idea pad 100 not long ago for £299 from Amazon. Also get yourself a 16gb memory stick so you can create your windows recovery software. You also need to make sure with Lenovo that the warranty is the correct date by completing the change of warranty date form. One other niggle with the Lenovo is the battery there is a conservation mode which only allows the battery to go to 60% you may see this as a fault but it's a setting you can change easily. They seem a good machine for the price.

Oh also the idea pad 100 had a very short lead.

Lenovo's own UK site offer 20% off to students but I cannot see the original prices of their laptops. I doubt they will be matching the Very offer.

https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/gbeducation/StdAffinityPortal/en_GB/Lenovo:EnterStdAffinity?affinity=gbeducation&menu-id=students

Original Poster

the laptop will be really to use for essays revision for secondary school
    i dont have a clue abouts laptops!!

There is a used one on Amazon UK Warehouse currently for £372 so if you can get a new one for that price area then that will be a plus. Here is the link to the Amazon page as there are some 283 reviews of it on there which would be worth you reading.

amazon.co.uk/Len…pad

There are 8 new/unsused 15 inch Dell Inspiron on the Dell Outlet right now for £467.89 but there is also a 15% off code bringing that down to £400.

The spec is as follows:

Inspiron 15 - 5559

Inspiron 15 - 5559
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6200U (3M Cache, up to 2.80 GHz)
    Windows 10 Home (64bit)
    8 GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
    1 TB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
    8X DVD+/- RW Drive
    2GB AMD Radeon R5 M335 Graphics
    Software
    Intel® Centrino® Wireless-AC 3160 + Bluetooth 4.0
    LCD Back Cover for Non-Touch Screen - Silver matte
    40 WHr, 4-Cell Battery (removable)
    15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with FHD resolution (1920 x 1080)
    Internal English Keyboard

Edited by: "tawse57" 13th Dec 2016

The Dell is better than the Lenovo IMPO as it has a Full 1080P screen, a backlit keyboard and a 2MB graphics card.

Ah, sorry, the 15% discount is for 17 inch Inspirons and not the 15 inch ones.

Original Poster

ive bought the very one all ready but just wanted advise of how good it is

amir

ive bought the very one all ready but just wanted advise of how good it is

Well, it is a fine laptop. I think you have got yourself a good deal as I cannot find it anyone else cheaper. I like Lenovo laptops. I think they make some good laptops. The reviews on that Amazon link I posted give you loads of tips.

Enjoy your laptop. If I was buying a laptop today it probably would be a Lenovo first, Dell second and then, um, that's it. So enjoy. Just hold on tight to it when out and about as they can walk.

Original Poster

tawse57

Well, it is a fine laptop. I think you have got yourself a good deal as I … Well, it is a fine laptop. I think you have got yourself a good deal as I cannot find it anyone else cheaper. I like Lenovo laptops. I think they make some good laptops. The reviews on that Amazon link I posted give you loads of tips.Enjoy your laptop. If I was buying a laptop today it probably would be a Lenovo first, Dell second and then, um, that's it. So enjoy. Just hold on tight to it when out and about as they can walk.

thanks for your help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best Samsung mid-range mobile phone?11
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!99
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1113
      4. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?35

See more discussions