Groups
    EXPIRED

Help on choosing a laptop

Hi iv got a budget of just about around £300 or a little over for the right laptop i have found these 2 but im not sure which one is better

ebuyer.com/pro…003
    or
    staples.co.uk/ENG…=RI

12 Comments

try woolworths....they have a medion one for £249.99 (+ quidco 4 or 5%) as well.

I notice on your second link, the Staples laptop, it says

"This site is for business customers only and all prices exclude VAT".

With VAT that pushes it up to nearer £350.

Hi - I bought a Fujitsu from Staples for my mother-in-law a couple of months ago - the HP was on my short list but since she only needed a basic machine I went for the Fujitsu. HP looks like a good buy for the money, nice sharp, bright screen

Original Poster

oh yer for got to say i will get it from in store which cost £330 but il get 10% off because im going to start up a business account there

Original Poster

just tryed the woolwerth website seems to be down

play.com/PC/…nre

better deal, faster CPU and 2Gb RAM, also quidco is around 4% i think

Have a look at this thread, i'm on this laptop now, it's fantastic

hotukdeals.com/ite…op/

AugQX;2611143

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/654/861/-/3477577/Acer-Aspire-5720-Core-2-Duo-T5250-1-5GHz-2GB-80GB-15-4-DVD-SM-Vista-Home-Premium-Laptop-Notebook/Product.html?searchtype=genrebetter deal, faster CPU and 2Gb RAM, also quidco is around 4% i think

I agree, however Acer partition the hard drive 50/50 split so be warned that with an 80gb drive there will be very little disk space left on C:\ for programs and have to use D:\ for storage.

Steve

Original Poster

bump1

Original Poster

bump 2

freebiehunter;2612851

I agree, however Acer partition the hard drive 50/50 split so be warned … I agree, however Acer partition the hard drive 50/50 split so be warned that with an 80gb drive there will be very little disk space left on C:\ for programs and have to use D:\ for storage.Steve

30-40Gb still a decent partition, for anyone wanting an acer, just use Paragon Partition Manager it is very good, you add all the space to one partition and delete the other one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261374
      2. One for the mathmeticians11
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1217
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876400

See more discussions