Help on connector soldering for monitor

Posted 4th Jul
3499415-WJr30.jpg3499415-1MuIo.jpgThere's no power to the monitor so I opened it up where the barrel charger fits there's 1 solder short. I don't know if its broken, burnt out of if its supposed to be like this. Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Looks deliberate to me. Can’t see a ‘leg’ in that hole, and looks like it has never been soldered
Diggsy04/07/2020 23:44

Looks deliberate to me. Can’t see a ‘leg’ in that hole, and looks like it h …Looks deliberate to me. Can’t see a ‘leg’ in that hole, and looks like it has never been soldered

Thanks

I notices the picture come on once when I picked uo the monitor whilst plugged in. Its not the plug that comes with that monitor so maybe a bit loose.
montana7804/07/2020 23:48

ThanksI notices the picture come on once when I picked uo the monitor …ThanksI notices the picture come on once when I picked uo the monitor whilst plugged in. Its not the plug that comes with that monitor so maybe a bit loose.

Possible I guess, although I’d have thought it was unlikely. I take it the power cord is firmly connected?
The ground solder connection looks broken to me (could be just the picture). Try and reflow the ground pin.
Maybe power cable is dodgy, if you twist cable does it come on. I.e monitor maybe fine
mds125605/07/2020 00:07

The ground solder connection looks broken to me (could be just the …The ground solder connection looks broken to me (could be just the picture). Try and reflow the ground pin.

It has three grounds, unlikely thats the problem
OP are you able to take an image of the other side of the board near the power connector? Just noticing that there are no component ’legs’ at all on this side, which doesn’t tie in with the soldering top right of your image. Might just be the type of component though
Do you have a multimeter to check what is presented when the board is plugged in?

I picked up on you posting that the connector is a bit 'loose'? Barrel connectors are never loose, if they are then it's the wrong sized barrel or the spring connection inside has broken.
If it not the original 12v psu, check the pin size of the barrel connector is correct, some replacement ones are designed to fit multiple sizes, but many only fit one.

Also check the output current is sufficient.
Edited by: "melted" 5th Jul
Doesn't look broken to me, judging from the solid ground connections around it, but a picture of the other side would be useful to check.

How old is the monitor? How do the capacitors look?
Post a comment
@
    Text