Groups

Help on damage from major pot hole - HUKD community aleways knows best

Hi guys just after some advice. My wife hit a big water covered pot hole last week, as two other cars did and the Fire Engine that arrived just after. It was a burst water main, the water company closed the road for three days. The RAC replaced the burst Tyre and the car is at the garage. We are awaiting the estimate on the Mini, but the belly pan, front bumper needs replacing as at the plastic mounts are now broken. I have sent pics of the road at the time, our car, fire engine, the road during repair, fire brigade and RAC report etc. I have contacted the council and water company whose insurance companies are looking into it and coming back within 40 days? Anyone else had a similar experience and who ended up paying eh council or water company please? Many thanks and appreciate the your time guys.

4 Comments

My dad did a similar thing. The council reimbursed him fully for a new wheel.

Original Poster

stuarthanley

My dad did a similar thing. The council reimbursed him fully for a new … My dad did a similar thing. The council reimbursed him fully for a new wheel.

Thank you

I tend to avoid holes I don't know as you never know how deep n dirty they are

Always best to spend a little time investigating them before riding over them

Precautions, precautions....now what was that offer @ Lovehoney again?

Original Poster

philphil61

I tend to avoid holes I don't know as you never know how deep n dirty … I tend to avoid holes I don't know as you never know how deep n dirty they are :pAlways best to spend a little time investigating them before riding over them :pPrecautions, precautions....now what was that offer @ Lovehoney again?

You can tell my wife, but she was in traffic behind, in front and drivers side and the hole was covered in water, i am well trained and will take her side for a quiet life :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers24
      2. love affairs12
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie21
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767197

See more discussions