Groups

Help on DS lite Warrenty PLEASE!!!

Hey everyone

Really need some help here. My brothers DS Lite stopped working so I sent it into the nintendo people and i've received an email saying I need to pay £55 to get it repaired due to it coming into contact with liquids. The ds is well within its warrenty time and I know it wasnt his fault that the ds has broken, there were no water marks left on the screen or any sign of damage. Can anyone suggest what I can say to nintendo so I get the ds repaired for free under warrenty?

11 Comments

Original Poster

HAHA nicely said.

I didnt open the ds up incase it voided the warrenty. But im confident it wasnt near any water

tell them the postman must have got it wet on it's way to them

Original Poster

OMG DAMNONE THAT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA HMMMMMMMM....I phoned them up and requested a call back from their manager...Any other ideas people? (btw heat and rep added)

Original Poster

bump1

If it was still in the 12 month warranty, did you try taking it back to the shop it was bought in. They probably wouldve just exchanged for you there and then

Original Poster

Shell1986 I dont have the original packaging anymore would they still take it back?

Original Poster

bump2

Yeh i work in a shop where we sell ds consoles and we can still take them back so long as they have a valid reciept with them

Original Poster

oh excellent, I purchased the ds from Smyths....I'll try tomorrow still unsure about the lack of packaging though

So long as you have the console and leads etc, You should be fine. Its not the box thats under warranty, its the actual product itself. If they refuse to sort it in store for you, then just call trading standards. By law, if the test the product and its faulty they legally have to exchange for you.

Original Poster

shell1986;8904346

So long as you have the console and leads etc, You should be fine. Its … So long as you have the console and leads etc, You should be fine. Its not the box thats under warranty, its the actual product itself. If they refuse to sort it in store for you, then just call trading standards. By law, if the test the product and its faulty they legally have to exchange for you.

Right I phoned up Smyths and they wont return it...apparently after 28 days I have to contact the manufacturer. Any other ideas LOL????
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      4. word association Game73844457

See more discussions