Help on ebay shop

Hi there. I hope some of you experience guys can guide me to the right direction. Actually I'm planning to sell phone accessories on ebay like chargers, cables and cases etc etc.
where should I buy the packaging stuff for postage?
And How can I save money on postage?
I can see there are lots of ebayers selling cables for 99p. Just wondering how can they afford after royal mail cost and ebay fees etc etc.
I'll be grateful if someone can help me or share their experience.
many thanks

8 Comments

They buy in huge amounts so get them massively cheaper from china for example ie in 1000's , most of which will be fake but people don't realise this and think it's good value. Huge mark up potential even for items that cost them pennies

I personally think you could find yourself in trouble going down the phone accessories route ,as was said before there are hundreds of sellers not only on eBay but Amazon as well I think you need to find a niche market ,something different I wish you luck

I would honestly avoid the phone accessories niche, you will never be able to compete with the powersellers as they buy huge quantities to get volume discounts, and have negotiated rates with Royal Mail.

royal mail don't negotiate much on rates but if u didn't get the cables for around under say 20p seems lie u didn't check ebay before buying these things phone cases se thing start around 99p and tempered glass aswell don't forget that's also the same price in pound shops and other places as people who tend buy stuff lime this look everywhere for cheapest prices before buying so best to probably sell it in a market or even to some mobile phone shops they may buy the cables around 30p upto say 50p if ur lucky and similar with other stuff. but u really need speak to royal mail I think if u spend over 5000 per year u can get a discount. and ironically try ebay for bulk envelopes or get them made from say China or any other cheap country u may have links with

Original Poster

Thank you all. Well I don't know what to say, I better be looking at some other options then

stelo

Thank you all. Well I don't know what to say, I better be looking at some … Thank you all. Well I don't know what to say, I better be looking at some other options then

Good decision, no offenece but you wont stand a chance,
its a completely saturated market for those type of items and you will never be able to compete

China subsidise their postal service so it only costs them something like 10p to send something to a UK address. Even the United Nations helps China out

fortune.com/201…ng/

Its impossible to make any profit selling something on ebay for 99p after fees & UK postal charges unless you pay around 1p for the item.
Edited by: "chocci" 6th Nov 2016

chocci

China subsidise their postal service so it only costs them something like … China subsidise their postal service so it only costs them something like 10p to send something to a UK address. Even the United Nations helps China out ;)http://fortune.com/2015/03/11/united-nations-subsidy-chinese-shipping/ Its impossible to make any profit selling something on ebay for 99p after fees & UK postal charges unless you pay around 1p for the item.

​uk sellers sell stuff for 99p I find Chinese sell even cheaper bought something for 6p I believe the cheapest purchase yet for me off ebay. probably buy off the Chinese power sellers in bulk and sell on.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?813
    2. Issue with a CV rewrite any help appreciated.22
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)33
    4. Morrisons Cafe45

See more discussions