Groups

Help on FS/FT guideline interpretation please!

Got an ipod to sell, and have offered it on somebody else's 'wanted' but there's no response from him yet and I would like to put it up for sale. Am I allowed, or do I have to wait to hear either way from the bloke I responded to earlier?

12 Comments

Original Poster

Guidelines say:
    You cannot list items if you have a live listing for the same item or item type elsewhere.

This includes ‘Wanted’ threads. This is aimed to ensure that all negotiations are contained within the thread and no reference/bargaining to offers made elsewhere. Members do not always have access to other forums and are unable to verify such statements

which I can interpret 2 ways: either I'm not allowed to offer a FS because I've already offered the item for sale in a wanted post, or it means that you're just not allowed to post wanted posts here if you have wanted posts elsewhere.

Help appreciated!

cant you just wiz back and delete you post in the wanted thread. Before anyone notices lol.

I wouldn't want to hazard a guess because i guarantee whichever one you pick will be wrong and get you in trouble. X)

I believe it means you cant list on ebay etc at the same time as selling on here.

Don't forget the hidden rule.............we have discretion that means even if you are right it means we can still make you wrong. X)

Your ok to list it in your own for sale thread as well as offer it to other people in their wanted thread.
    Although you just better hope the mods dont take this thread as gathering interest in which case you might have to wait 7 days from locking this thread lol

Pretty sure you can offer an item in a 'wanted' thread and then set up your own 'for sale' thread, I've seen people do it on here. So long as you only sell it once and stick to the rules I don't see any issues.

Original Poster

Syzable

Don't forget the hidden rule.............we have discretion that means … Don't forget the hidden rule.............we have discretion that means even if you are right it means we can still make you wrong. X)

lol...that's what I thought!

I'm sure it must mean that you can't post a wanted if you already have wanted posts elsewhere.

But it's not so clear.

Any way of getting hold of a mod easily?
    Edited by: "panddda" 9th Jan 2011

Original Poster

dh058977

Your ok to list it in your own for sale thread as well as offer it to … Your ok to list it in your own for sale thread as well as offer it to other people in their wanted thread.Although you just better hope the mods dont take this thread as gathering interest in which case you might have to wait 7 days from locking this thread lol

You're joking...I hope?! oO That's why I generally have avoided selling here - too scared I'll mess up with the rules!! Sold one item and it took me the entire evening to list it because I kept double checking

dh058977

Your ok to list it in your own for sale thread as well as offer it to … Your ok to list it in your own for sale thread as well as offer it to other people in their wanted thread.Although you just better hope the mods dont take this thread as gathering interest in which case you might have to wait 7 days from locking this thread lol

Do the Mods patrol this site with Guns :-)

panddda

You're joking...I hope?! oO That's why I generally have avoided selling … You're joking...I hope?! oO That's why I generally have avoided selling here - too scared I'll mess up with the rules!! Sold one item and it took me the entire evening to list it because I kept double checking

Im joking now, the mods wont be when they inforce it! lol

WheresMeNuts

Do the Mods patrol this site with Guns :-)

I dont think they are that evolved lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764618
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4041735
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418114165
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2036

See more discussions