Help on how to edit and crop photo's on my computer

16 replies
Found 16th May 2008
Hi I have scanned some pictures onto my computer and I would like to be able to crop the white back round off. Does anyone no of a programme or a web site that allows you to do this?
Thanks
Michelle

1. Misc
  2. Photo
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Photo
16 Comments

Do you have an application called "Paint"? Search your computer for it.

Hi, Michelle, if you want simple i use camedia master which came with my camera-it is simple and graphic if you are not too hot with these things..dont know if you can buy it but im sure there must be some spares floating around-i possibly have one-would have to look..

gimp.org/

Awesome FREE Gnu Image Manipulation Program

If you get totally stuck, you can e-mail me them and I will crop and e-mail back - as long as they are not rude ha ha

dunno why but i cant use paint-or roxio!
you can also make calenders and postcards etc with camedia

what OS do you use?
if Windows, there is always Paint
(in vista the picture viewer can do simple tasks such as crop or resize, click on the pic, on the middle-up part of the monitor thereis an option "Fix"
if you have Office, there is Microsoft Office Picture Manager (In vista again click on the pic, on the middle-up part of the monitor thereis an option "Open" theres in option to pen with Office pic manager)

if you want a free, lite and easy download irfanview: irfanview.com/

Banned

just install google picasa2. its a great picture organiser with lots of editing tools incl crop.

picasa.google.com/

Picasa by Google is a pretty good programme for all the basics of imaging.
All free and user friendly and IMO a good place to start.

Have a look here: picasa.google.com/ind…tml

csiman;2108518

just install google picasa2. its a great picture organiser with lots of … just install google picasa2. its a great picture organiser with lots of editing tools incl crop.http://picasa.google.com/

Spooky ! (I'll leave mine up as well as 2 references is better than 1 !)

louloo;2108476

Hi, Michelle, if you want simple i use camedia master which came with my … Hi, Michelle, if you want simple i use camedia master which came with my camera-it is simple and graphic if you are not too hot with these things..dont know if you can buy it but im sure there must be some spares floating around-i possibly have one-would have to look..

down load for free this program direct from olympus website [url]www.olympus.com[/url] it does what it says on the tin

Banned

hottoshop;2108537

Spooky ! (I'll leave mine up as well as 2 references is better than 1 !)

Whatever happened to first come first served lol :-D

csiman;2108562

Whatever happened to first come first served lol :-D

I'll take it down if you like ?? Just say the word, no worries

Banned

hottoshop;2108566

I'll take it down if you like ?? Just say the word, no worries

It was only a very poor attempt at humour by me. Its a little early! thats my excuse anyway :oops:

csiman;2108577

It was only a very poor attempt at humour by me. Its a little early! … It was only a very poor attempt at humour by me. Its a little early! thats my excuse anyway :oops:

lol no worries, early for me too, just didn't want to tread on any toes and start the day off bad

Respect and best wishes csiman ;-)

nuabdi;2108501

if you want a free, lite and easy download irfanview: … if you want a free, lite and easy download irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/

I'll second that, it's lightweight, easy, free and particularly useful for batch jobs (e.g. if you want to resize, crop, rename, convert etc. a batch of images the same way)

Original Poster

Hi thank you every one I have gone with picasa.google.com/ and it looks pretty good.
Once again thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2458
    2. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled.66
    3. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October67
    4. word association Game74244899

See more discussions