Expired

Help on male and female cats living together

Found 19th Jul 2011
Evening all
I already have a 3 year old neutered tom cat, he has a lovely personality and seems to get on fine with other cats in the area. My friend has a 12 week old female kitten that needs a home and i'm seriously considering it. Just a bit worried if a male and female cat of different ages will get along? Will deffinately get her spayed if i have her by the way.
Community Updates
MiscWomen Fashion
9 Comments
Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had a problem introducing another cat. My 7 yr old male cat and 4 yr old female now snuggle up together on the same chair. The older cat sometimes gets a bit weary with kitten antics but they don't stay kittens for long do they!
Original Poster
rose_cat_jr

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had a problem introducing … Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had a problem introducing another cat. My 7 yr old male cat and 4 yr old female now snuggle up together on the same chair. The older cat sometimes gets a bit weary with kitten antics but they don't stay kittens for long do they!

awww well my sooty still acts like a kitten himself sometimes so i don't think kitten antics will bother him too much :P oooo soo tempting!!!!!!!
We've got a 2 year old girl, an18 month boy and a 20 week old girl. The girl didn't like the boy at first, lots of hissing and running away but after a few weeks it all calmed down. They never really cuddled but she'd groom him and they'd play together.

Then we've just added the new girl. The other girl didn't reckon much to her but stayed out of the way, no hissing or anything this time. The boy tried batting the little one around a bit and still sometimes has his moments with her when she annoys him. But more often than not they cuddle together at night!

It takes a bit of time at first, and a lot of patience!! But if you're willing to keep them separated for a while in the beginning and feed them separately until they get used to each other then you should get on ok.
i don't have any problems with them fighting, i do have a male cat that doesn't acknowledge the other two cats, (one male and one female)
There are 6 cats at my house, 5 males and one female. All get along fine
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your replies I'm going to think about it for a couple of days. She's a little ball of fluff and soooo adorable. It's nice to know that her and my cat will most likely get along
hi i havejust a 16 week old rag doll feamle kitten i already have a 2 yr old male who is neutered i have just let them meet for the 1st time the kitten is spitting and make very baby noises is this normal its scaring me the male does not semm that bothered but the kitten is hiding under the bed

please help advise me thanks
I have a beautiful male cat ,he was a rescue and he has been fixed, recently I started looking out for a stray young female cat, she came into season and I took her to my vet who kindly sterilized her for a small cost, I wanted to make sure she was ok so now she comes into the house for food and a sleep ,only when I am here, male cat not to sure and now is sexually aroused and humping everything. Not sure what to do, he was here first and I don't want him to be unhappy, but this is unusual as has never humped anything before, and now he also gets a bit nasty . Please help
mod
BlueBoy7

I have a beautiful male cat ,he was a rescue and he has been fixed, … I have a beautiful male cat ,he was a rescue and he has been fixed, recently I started looking out for a stray young female cat, she came into season and I took her to my vet who kindly sterilized her for a small cost, I wanted to make sure she was ok so now she comes into the house for food and a sleep ,only when I am here, male cat not to sure and now is sexually aroused and humping everything. Not sure what to do, he was here first and I don't want him to be unhappy, but this is unusual as has never humped anything before, and now he also gets a bit nasty . Please help

Hi BlueBoy7
This thread is over 5 years old now and your comment will be missed. Can I suggest you start a new thread?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants