Help on Microsoft / SQL Query

4 replies
Found 12th Jan 2011
Hi, i'm applying for a secondment in my current workplace, and the application states that I'd need to know how to use Microsoft Query (someone said also look at SQL Query)...any one got any good places to research this topic?

4 Comments

Wikipedia would be a good start. Look at the articles for SQL and Microsoft SQL Server (if that's what you'll be using)

You could also get a book out of the library/Amazon to use as a reference later on.

To get to grips with the basics of SQL, take a look here too w3schools.com/sql…asp

Original Poster

oldmanhouse

Wikipedia would be a good start. Look at the articles for SQL and … Wikipedia would be a good start. Look at the articles for SQL and Microsoft SQL Server (if that's what you'll be using)You could also get a book out of the library/Amazon to use as a reference later on.To get to grips with the basics of SQL, take a look here toohttp://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

The w3schools link loods good, will save that as a favourite. Any idea's of a good book to look out for?

Can't recommend one personally, but maybe one from the "For dummies" range? They're (obviously) geared towards beginners and I had one for Java which was pretty good. Go on Amazon and find the one with the best reviews - or just take out whatever your local library has got if you'd rather get a freebie

Original Poster

oldmanhouse

Can't recommend one personally, but maybe one from the "For dummies" … Can't recommend one personally, but maybe one from the "For dummies" range? They're (obviously) geared towards beginners and I had one for Java which was pretty good. Go on Amazon and find the one with the best reviews - or just take out whatever your local library has got if you'd rather get a freebie

Will look in library and test a few so to speak...thanks for your help!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's this on my neighbours roof?1921
    2. Sim deal with EU calls44
    3. Gearbest Delivery Never Came - British Priority Mail1415
    4. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?46

See more discussions