Groups

help on printing web page? it doesnt print out the background :S

as above i need to print out this for my coursework and it doesnt print the background out? Any ideas?

thanks

8 Comments

Banned

Whats the page?

If you use "view" > "Source" you will no doubt see a "print.css" line which will dictate what is printed and ignore things like backgrounds. There are workarounds. If you are using firefox, you can chose to edit the css. Simply remove that line and then print the page.

Have you tried using print screen and then paste into either an editor or direct into your doc?

Original Poster

How do i remove it please.

erm was thinking of print screen but thought i should try this first.

Original Poster

Thanks gone through the screen shot way.

Cheers though.

There's an easier way next time...

In your web browser go to File > Page Setup > Options and tick the box which says something like "Print Background (Colours and Images).

Just remember to untick it afterwards.

just for future purposes, if you are using internet explorer, click Tools, then internet options, then from the advanced tab, scroll down to printing and tick the box for "print background colours and images"

Banned

Gadwin Printscreen is the best printing screen utility I have come across. Can direct output to printer, an email, a photo editor or a file. its free.

gadwin.com/pri…en/

Original Poster

Thanks very much.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3641410
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523467
      3. Gold Flamedeer thread (ABSOLUTELY NO HINTING/MENTIONING THE TRADING OF GOLD…46
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514149

See more discussions