Groups

help on taxing car 2 days before month end

hey all just need some advise please

i have just bought a car and previously owner had declared sorn on car a few weeks before selling therefore i cant drive eventhough the tax disc expires 30/11/10, now until i dont tax car wont be able to remove sorn, therefore i want to tax car tomorrow (28/11/10) just wanting some advise as to would the tax disc start on 1/12/11 or would it start staright away and last uptil 31/10/11 (12months) or would it be up till 30/11/10 hope some can advise me thankyou

8 Comments

Banned

if it already has a tax disc that expires 30/11/10 its taxed
    Edited by: "whatsThePoint" 28th Nov 2010

and if you renew it now it will start on 1 12 2010

Banned

Tax it tomorrow and you will be able to drive it straight away.

The new tax disc will expire 30/11/11. Because you are so close to the end of the month, you "gain" the extra couple of days FOC

Banned

Buy the tax to start next month then if stopped by the police claim the girl in the post office made the mistake they won't do anything I got away with it loads of times

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

if it already has a tax disc that expires 30/11/10 its taxed

ye its taxed but because the previous owner declared car sorn cant keep on road, so have to retax to be able to drive

Original Poster

thanx everyone also i guess if i buy tax disc to start 1/12/10 then sorn will be removed and i should be able to drive on old tax disc up till 30/11/10 as long as sorn is taken off, thanxs every 1 for your help will pop down to post office in morning

Banned

You don't need to bother with the old disc. The new one you get will be valid and will run for a full year and the extra couple of days

Original Poster

dimebars

You don't need to bother with the old disc. The new one you get will be … You don't need to bother with the old disc. The new one you get will be valid and will run for a full year and the extra couple of days

yeah but will keep old disc handy until 1/12 just incase pulled over and get any bother, thanxs for your help
    Edited by: "desikuri" 28th Nov 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions