Groups

Help! Our Toshiba 32AV555 32" Digital LCD TV keeps switching itself off.

As above really - TV worked fine yesterday, but this morning it keeps switching itself off and then on again every few seconds. Neither the remote control nor the front panel switches seem to work! Only had it since April (deal on HUKD) - any suggestions folks?

9 Comments

check a button is not stuck in on the remote?

Good suggestion..:thumbsup:

Take the batteries out of the remote control, see if it cures it.

Original Poster

Thanks folks - I've tried that but no joy. Any other ideas? It isn't responding to any buttons and the only way to switch it off permanently is to switch off at the mains.

Sounds like the on/off circuitry has a fault, warranty job by the look of things.

The neighbour across from me, the one with the cats that keep bothering my garden, has a TV that faces their window that faces onto one of my windows. This thread inspires me to troll them. Tyvm, op.

There is a source of infrared which is switching it on and off. Find the sensor on the TV and put some blutack or stick your finger over it. If it still plays up then circuitry as someone else mentioned. If not, something in the room is transmitting (or outside the window). Often happens with book on remote (particularly if you have another universal one). If this is constantly transmitting, then your TV wont be able to 'see' the usual remote.

Original Poster

marmalade47;5799064

There is a source of infrared which is switching it on and off. Find the … There is a source of infrared which is switching it on and off. Find the sensor on the TV and put some blutack or stick your finger over it. If it still plays up then circuitry as someone else mentioned. If not, something in the room is transmitting (or outside the window). Often happens with book on remote (particularly if you have another universal one). If this is constantly transmitting, then your TV wont be able to 'see' the usual remote.

Tried what you suggested - looks like a circuitry problem, so I will ring Tosh. Many thanks to you and everyone who tried to help. Rep left

kensington143;5799584

Tried what you suggested - looks like a circuitry problem, so I will ring … Tried what you suggested - looks like a circuitry problem, so I will ring Tosh. Many thanks to you and everyone who tried to help. Rep left

Thanks, Rep left in return.

Good luck with it..

Use the guarantee. Hope it's not a common fault as we have one of those too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422914434
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1433
      3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710945
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047069

See more discussions