Groups

Help paying your water bill, vunerable customers!!

Help paying your metered bill
    We may be able to offer financial assistance with your metered bill if anyone in your household receives a specific state benefit and has a large family of three or more children or a medical condition that requires the use of extra water.
    If you can answer yes to the following questions, you could qualify for help with your metered water bills.

To qualify, you should answer either question 4 or question 5.

If the answer to any question is no you do not qualify for help.

Question Answer
    1. Are your water bills based on meter readings? Yes
    2. If you have a garden, do you use only a hand-held appliance to water it? Yes
    3. Are any of the following benefits / tax credits paid to you or someone else in your household?

Child Tax Credit (you must receive more than the family element)
    Housing Benefit
    Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    Income Support
    Means-tested Council Tax Benefit (not including reductions / discounts)
    Pension Credit
    Working Tax Credit

Yes

Now answer either Q4 or Q5
    4. Is the person who receives benefits / tax credits responsible for three or more children under 19?

who usually live in your household, and
    for whom Child Benefit is also paid

Yes
    5. Does the person who receives benefits/tax credits (or any other permanent resident) suffer from and receive treatment for one of the following medical conditions?

Abdominal stoma
    Crohn's disease
    Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
    Eczema, psoriasis or varicose ulceration (weeping skin disease)
    Incontinence
    Ulcerative colitis
    Any other medical condition requiring the use of extra water

Yes

If you answered yes to the questions above, please download the WaterSure application form below, complete and return to:

WaterSure Team
    Thames Water
    PO Box 508
    Swindon
    SN38 9TU

You can also call our dedicated number on 0845 641 0068 (Minicom 0845 7200 899).

Downloads
    WaterSure application form (2.29Mb)

4 Comments

I thought this was deals section, what you posted might be useful to somebody but is merely a tip.

Thanks anyway

Original Poster

ok i really dont get this site! if you dont like it why do you have to vote at all?
    if you do then vote.
    This is really good information to have for lots of water customers out there. And not many people know about it. Especially the ones that need to!

i do hope someone can make good use of this information.
    and there is no tip page?

swindonnicki;3211293

ok i really dont get this site! if you dont like it why do you have to … ok i really dont get this site! if you dont like it why do you have to vote at all?if you do then vote.This is really good information to have for lots of water customers out there. And not many people know about it. Especially the ones that need to!i do hope someone can make good use of this information.and there is no tip page?

I agree :thumbsup:

Hopefully it will help a lot of people out there that could do with a little extra help, unfortunately it won't me but thanks anyway

swindonnicki;3211293

and there is no tip page?

There is and now your post is a tip where nobody needs to vote.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30120
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1891352
      3. Any PS4 News Here29313804
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2035

See more discussions