HELP Playstation 4 PSN/Region/Save/DLC issue

Found 26th Mar 2015
Scrap that. New question. The game is a Greek EU version, will the dlc from the UK PSN store work with an EU game disc?

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I have just received my copy of Bloodborne and was really excited to play it. However, Simply Games have done something I have never had happen to me. That is send me an Australian copy of the game.

So, why is this an issue for me, you ask. Well, I appreciate that the game will work on my console without issue, but I believe it to be the case that when the dlc comes out I will have to buy it from the Australian PSN store and will have to set up an Australian account to do this.

Alternatively, I am thinking that I start playing and then just buy a UK copy in a few days and send back the Aus copy or sell it.

My question therefore is: can I play the Australian version and then use the save data to continue my game on a UK version if using the same profile?
Community Updates
9 Comments
No idea about your issue but Simply Games are a pain in the ass when it comes to this. They sent me a French copy of Alien Isolation which I couldn't then trade in at GAME. Had to go to CEX instead.
I can't help you with your particular query but I do feel Admin should review this merchant as this is not the first time this type of trading from them has been mentioned here.
Most UK & Aus DLC is compatible, however it isn't always the case.
I think OP you need to compare the BLES code on your disc/case with a UK one...perhaps comment here with your code.

Unfortunately my copy hasn't been dispatched yet (damn you Zavvi!) so I cannot tell you what the UK one is.

If they are different then you will probably have a problem with SAVEDATA & DLC (certainly the former).
Edited by: "Andy@XCite" 26th Mar 2015
coxy82

I can't help you with your particular query but I do feel Admin should … I can't help you with your particular query but I do feel Admin should review this merchant as this is not the first time this type of trading from them has been mentioned here.

stuarthanley

No idea about your issue but Simply Games are a pain in the ass when it … No idea about your issue but Simply Games are a pain in the ass when it comes to this. They sent me a French copy of Alien Isolation which I couldn't then trade in at GAME. Had to go to CEX instead.

It is frustrating but I wouldn't have minded an EU copy.

Andy@XCite

Most UK & Aus DLC is compatible, however it isn't always the case.I think … Most UK & Aus DLC is compatible, however it isn't always the case.I think OP you need to compare the BLES code on your disc/case with a UK one.Unfortunately my copy hasn't been dispatched yet (damn you Zavvi!) so I cannot tell you what the UK one is.If they are different then you will probably have a problem with SAVEDATA & DLC (certainly the former).

The product codes are here: gamefaqs.com/ps4…ata

Mine is CUSA00207.

Ahh, scrap that. That website may have sent me down the wrong path.

On looking at the inlay there were languages which I thought were Asian, but having found a couple of tiny flags it appears that it is a Greek/Israeli version. In which, case the dlc issue shouldn't be a problem as European dlc should work on any European game, right?
coxy82

I can't help you with your particular query but I do feel Admin should … I can't help you with your particular query but I do feel Admin should review this merchant as this is not the first time this type of trading from them has been mentioned here.

stuarthanley

No idea about your issue but Simply Games are a pain in the ass when it … No idea about your issue but Simply Games are a pain in the ass when it comes to this. They sent me a French copy of Alien Isolation which I couldn't then trade in at GAME. Had to go to CEX instead.

Andy@XCite

Most UK & Aus DLC is compatible, however it isn't always the case.I … Most UK & Aus DLC is compatible, however it isn't always the case.I think OP you need to compare the BLES code on your disc/case with a UK one.Unfortunately my copy hasn't been dispatched yet (damn you Zavvi!) so I cannot tell you what the UK one is.If they are different then you will probably have a problem with SAVEDATA & DLC (certainly the former).

Oh right they appear to have gone from BLES codes (PS3) to CUSA (PS4) but I would imagine they function in the same way....so just make sure it is the same as the European/UK code.
I've never really had any experience using EU dlc so couldn't really tell you. All my PS4 games are CUSA so Andy could be correct. If you still have the wrapper on it you could always return it to the retailer and tell them you want a UK version (if it's really not). Don't know if this means anything but counting the numbers under the bar code on the back of the box has 13 numbers. My Driveclub has 12 numbers and just above the bar code it says eu.playstation.com. It's the only game I have that says that. Does yours say that too? Played the Driveclub dlc and they worked fine. Never got any dlc for the other games.
coxy82

stuarthanley

Andy@XCite

Most UK & Aus DLC is compatible, however it isn't always the case.I … Most UK & Aus DLC is compatible, however it isn't always the case.I think OP you need to compare the BLES code on your disc/case with a UK one.Unfortunately my copy hasn't been dispatched yet (damn you Zavvi!) so I cannot tell you what the UK one is.If they are different then you will probably have a problem with SAVEDATA & DLC (certainly the former).

according to this site the CUSA code is the same as the England. wholesgame.com/cat…ne/

Maybe I should stop stressing about this and just play the game.
Hello,

Has anyone else had problems with simply games discs? The reason I'm asking is because my parter pre ordered his witcher 3 - the wild hunt for ps4 from simply games and after seeing him play it I thought I would have ago myself on my own console so I installed the game played it and enjoyed and decided to order it myself from simply games a month after it had been released. Got it and put it in my playstation and it thought it was another witcher so installed another icon for it and wouldn't upload my saved game data from what I had already played on the other disc! So I had to re do what I had already done, luckily I hadn't done much. But my question is are these games simply games sell copies from other countries and my partners was the UK version??
chellelouiser

Hello, Has anyone else had problems with simply games discs? The reason … Hello, Has anyone else had problems with simply games discs? The reason I'm asking is because my parter pre ordered his witcher 3 - the wild hunt for ps4 from simply games and after seeing him play it I thought I would have ago myself on my own console so I installed the game played it and enjoyed and decided to order it myself from simply games a month after it had been released. Got it and put it in my playstation and it thought it was another witcher so installed another icon for it and wouldn't upload my saved game data from what I had already played on the other disc! So I had to re do what I had already done, luckily I hadn't done much. But my question is are these games simply games sell copies from other countries and my partners was the UK version??

Simply Games do sell copies from other regions without telling you. It can be frustrating. Check the product codes on each game to see if they are the same. You can use some of the links above to search.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants