Groups

help please!

Hi i was just wondering what details are needed to complete a bank transfer as i hate the fact that paypal take away so much! Any help and guidence would be appreciated!
    thanks
    paddy

7 Comments

sort code and account number the recievers name oh and of course the amount payable

Supermod

....and a reference you would like the receiver to see. Like an ebay item number for example.

and the date you want the transaction to happen

Original Poster

so if i were to sell something on here and get money via bt i would send the buyer my account number, sort code and name, yea??

Supermod

pompeycurry;2338974

so if i were to sell something on here and get money via bt i would send … so if i were to sell something on here and get money via bt i would send the buyer my account number, sort code and name, yea??

You would yes...and who you bank with..

Original Poster

thanks, rep given

magicjay1986;2339010

You would yes...and who you bank with..

Telling them who you bank with is unnecessary, unless you wanted to know if their bank was one which used the 2-hour BACS service.

The important information required for a BACS transfer is sort code and account no. I've had payments arrive into my account even though they spelt my name wrong.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532115
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions