Help please

Found 26th Jul
Hi sorry to bother you all. I really want to get out of my dead end job and learn a trade I'm 27 years old so I know people will say your still young you can move on ect. I currently work 4 days on 4 days off 12 hour shifts so I have time to learn on my days off. I have just got a mortgage recently so can't leave my job to go to college has anyone got any advice? I was thinking of learning plumbing, electrical or something in the tree industry. Theres not alot of help these days so Any advice will be appreciated massively.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I'd suggest a bit more research as I would guess that some trades will require you to study and pass exams or certificates to get hired. From there you can decide if you can do part time study, what the costs are etc etc.

My nephew spent some money on a rope access course a couple of years back, and now he is earning very good money and travels the world with work. Does a lot with wind turbines and mobile masts now and has learnt a bunch of other skills.

Another mate left IT and did a HGV driving course and now earns much more than he did in IT, by driving big dumper trucks in a Australian quarry.

Whatever you do, good luck, Its always worth making a change if your not happy with your lot.
14 Comments
Hi, I've moved this to the Ask section
Find your passion ... master it .. the money will come
Tiling. Easiest thing to learn and good money. If you've got the intellect then plumbing or electrical
Edited by: "tailor313" 26th Jul
I'd suggest a bit more research as I would guess that some trades will require you to study and pass exams or certificates to get hired. From there you can decide if you can do part time study, what the costs are etc etc.

My nephew spent some money on a rope access course a couple of years back, and now he is earning very good money and travels the world with work. Does a lot with wind turbines and mobile masts now and has learnt a bunch of other skills.

Another mate left IT and did a HGV driving course and now earns much more than he did in IT, by driving big dumper trucks in a Australian quarry.

Whatever you do, good luck, Its always worth making a change if your not happy with your lot.
Don't leave it too late like me from having a decent trade then working self employed to having no work late in life then wondering what to do or where to turn too. Find a steady trade like plumbing, CCTV, electrical even a barber learn it get a good wage and stick with it. If you go self employed remember work isn't 24/7 you need time to yourself and any future family you have.
Edited by: "caverncity" 26th Jul
Dog poo picker upper. You go around picking it up from folks houses and charge stupid money and build a round. Coin it in. Not heard of any people doing but you will soon. As they say.. Mark my words!
Have a look at distance learning or evening learning or intensive learning.
Does anyone know any ways I could learn a good trade part time? I know I'm gonna have to pay but that's not an issue as much it's just I've been looking and can't seem to find a good place to teach part time?
If you live or are near London then do the knowledge (if you're thick or have problems learning then don't bother). If you do it part time you can have your license within 6 1/2 years.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 26th Jul
benlfc36545 m ago

Does anyone know any ways I could learn a good trade part time? I know I'm …Does anyone know any ways I could learn a good trade part time? I know I'm gonna have to pay but that's not an issue as much it's just I've been looking and can't seem to find a good place to teach part time?

Maybe approach some local plumbers or electricians stating you can work 2 days in 8 at minimum wage as they will be training you.
You need to get a different job with set days and hours, even if it’s not what you want to do. Then you can go to college around work and train in what you want or do an access course for uni
roloboy19 h, 10 m ago

Find your passion ... master it .. the money will come

It didn't work for me when I tried to become a professional snuggler, the only thing I achieved is to be put on the sex offender registry
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 27th Jul
just be aware most companies won't touch you unless you have 2+ years experience. some take on newly qualified but the competition for these places are big.
Edited by: "discozohan" 27th Jul
Find a girl settle down if you want you can marry look at me I am old but I’m happy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants