Groups

Help please

im looking for some software that you can put avi files from your computer to dvd, ive found 1 called dvd santa but it takes like 3 hours per dvd, does anybody know of any other sofware that does the same thing but faster
    cheers

helpers will be repped

12 Comments

do you have vista?

DVDFAB is what I use -

Original Poster

no sorry, just xp

also depends how good your pc is

ConvertXtoDVD

100% reccommened and works!!

try win avi takes around 15-20 minutes max

DAMNOME;4393482

DVDFAB is what I use -

+1

Naeem786;4393496

ConvertXtoDVD100% reccommened and works!!

Aiii:thumbsup:

Naeem786;4393496

ConvertXtoDVD100% reccommened and works!!

Shengis;4393562

Aiii:thumbsup:

+1

imortal;4393508

try win avi takes around 15-20 minutes max

This is not true.

How long a DVD takes to burn is entirely dependent on 3 things:

1) The amount of Data to be written
    2) The speed and power of the PC (RAM & CPU (to a lesser extent HDD speed))
    3) The speed of your DVD burner.

Banned

Magic Video Converter also does it.

Personally I use Nero Vision which works fine for me. It may not be the best, but who knows, you may already have it.

dmccabe;4393652

This is not true.How long a DVD takes to burn is entirely dependent on 3 … This is not true.How long a DVD takes to burn is entirely dependent on 3 things:1) The amount of Data to be written2) The speed and power of the PC (RAM & CPU (to a lesser extent HDD speed))3) The speed of your DVD burner.

I agree 100% with this. I would like to add that 3 hours is not unreasonable for a converting a feature film to DVD on an average PC (say 1-2 years old), mine converts in around 1-2 hours and is a fairly new dual-core desktop. The process involves demuxing (to separate the audio and video), encoding both audio and video to the dvd format appropriate for standalone players, and then muxing (combining the audio/video). It is not a simple process.
    You will find some standalone DVD players have a DivX/Xvid/MP4 option available which allows them to play CDs or DVD's with the raw data file on without conversion. There are portable storage devices and portable DVD players that will also have the function to output to TV without conversion. Apologies if this is not appropriate as I am making great assumptions as to your intention.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is22
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions