Found 29th Mar 2009
I AM TAKING MY TWO SONS AGED 8 ON HOLIDAY TO GREECE(KOS)
I HAVE JUST REALISED THAT THEIR PASSPORTS EXPIRE 4 MONTHS
AFTER WE RETURN .
DOES THERE HAVE TO BE 6 MONTHS ON THEIR PASSPORTS TO ENABLE THEM TO
TRAVEL?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

I think it's only 6 months for going to the states. it should be fine

Europe is not too bad and is usually pretty tolerant but it is worth calling the Greek Embassy and confirming, ask for a letter of confirmation just to take with you...

it had to be 6 months for france, best phone the passport office in the morning and get an answer for sure

Banned

you are advised to have 6 months left incase of things happening that would keep you there, but you dont have to have for greece

I travelled to Corfu recently and only had a few months left on my passport. I phoned to check with the Greek Embassy before travelling but they said as long as it covered the duration of my holiday it would be OK.

says on the passport and identity website that some countries insist on 6 months remaining and that you should check which ones apply this rule.

we were told that 6 months is now a requirement for france by the passport office which is why we renewed early for our easter holiday.

if this is the advice being given by the official agency I advise you check.

Banned

i applied for a replacement passport for my kids last tuesday using post office service they came back last friday 3 days later amazed
so i would apply for a new one a friend of mine was refused entry to prague because he only had 3 mon ths left on his passport
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G46
    2. Driving anxiety.33
    3. Whey protien411
    4. Foo fighters presale code.3133

See more discussions