Groups

Help please?

Ok AOL say that i can get a maximum of .05 mbps, but i know there lieing cause i used to get 4mbps,?
    when i do a speedtest it says i live 50 miles away from manchester, but i live in the north of ireland.
    Do you think aol have messed up my address and put me to the exchange in england?
    btw i am paying 40 pound a month for 0.12 mbps, (seriously)
    Ps, when i use bts line speed check (and virgins) using my own postcode it says i can get a maximum of 4.5 mbps!
    Anybody know anything about this?

15 Comments

you can change the server on speedtest manually...you sure manchester isnt the set standard one?

Don't know Dude can't ya get rid and get o2 BB?

Original Poster

nah man am not on about that, it says that im 50 miles away from manchester, which i am not.

i am paying 40 pound a month for 0.12 mbps, (seriously)

ffs!

tbh AOL have always been carp........
    i can reccomend o2 & tiscali :thumbsup:

Original Poster

yeah but the ***** keep saying you in a contract and ****, but they arent keeping up there part of the contract, so surely its a breach of contract on there side?

tony_dudz;5742103

yeah but the ***** keep saying you in a contract and ****, but they arent … yeah but the ***** keep saying you in a contract and ****, but they arent keeping up there part of the contract, so surely its a breach of contract on there side?

they will have a "get out" clause in the t&c's for sure

complain lots, say your going public with it etc, when you on the phone to them ask to speak to their supervisor..............
    these are just off the top of my head but you get the idea.

seriously though that's a shocking speed, no wonder your p****d off

Good Luck

Original Poster

phatboy123;5742155

they will have a "get out" clause in the t&c's for surecomplain lots, say … they will have a "get out" clause in the t&c's for surecomplain lots, say your going public with it etc, when you on the phone to them ask to speak to their supervisor.............. these are just off the top of my head but you get the idea.seriously though that's a shocking speed, no wonder your p****d offGood Luck

thanks man , will do, but i can bet that they still wont listen

AOL have always been bad, just cancel it, and switch to a decent ISP

bigflump;5742293

AOL have always been bad, just cancel it, and switch to a decent ISP

how can he do that if he's in a contract?

phatboy123;5742378

how can he do that if he's in a contract?

personally getting that speed id say its not fit for purpose...:thumbsup:

awoodhall2003;5742389

personally getting that speed id say its not fit for purpose...:thumbsup:

me to, and im surprised they didn't help him out when he phoned.

Also they aren't in breach of contract because they offer a service 'up to x mbit'

Not a set service.

That sucks.
    I pay £2 for 10mbps

Regarding the fact that it thinks you are in manchester:

Im pretty sure that AOL (at least they used) would direct all their customer through their own proxy. This proxy server must be based around Manchester for you.

there are exchanges in N.Ireland. I live 5 miles away from mine (Carrickfergus) and get about 3MB speed.

Original Poster

i think i know the problem, i think aol only works properly with a bt line but i have a talktalk line
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…914
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764322
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32162
      4. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE45

See more discussions