Help please. Best phone on a budget

Found 5th Nov 2017
My Vodafone smart ultra 6 is getting old and is time for a change. All help is appreciated

Thank you

Budget circa £120
5.5 inch screen
32mb internal ram

Looked at the Cubot X18 but low sales so not sufficient reviews.

Cheers
Richard

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Xiaomi Global Redmi Note 4 with band 20 for £113 is an amazing phone and superb value for money, really fast and responsive.
5.5" Full HD, Snapdragon 625, 3GB Ram/32GB Storage, 4100mah Battery (last ages) Fingerprint ID, 13mp Camera...
£113 here will be £5 cheaper on 11/Nov, which is china's black friday.

What Sandy1012 said, using one now, lost my S7 edge and took a chance on the Redmi Note 4 and couldn't be happier with it, yes you take a chance on buying from China, shipping problems, no warranty etc. but for me it was worth it and for £100 if I have to buy one a year it will still be cheaper than being tied into an expensive contract.

Original Poster

Thank you. Buying direct from China is an issue. I don't mind buying via Amazon as IMHO, their customer service is good.

I do like warranties on new products.
Edited by: "rwalto159" 5th Nov 2017

Second hand iPhone

puddles99992 h, 44 m ago

Second hand iPhone

What second-hand iPhone that's better than the Vodafone smartphone he has is £120 max?
Edited by: "hearts22" 5th Nov 2017

Original Poster

hearts229 m ago

What second-hand iPhone that's better than the Vodafone smartphone he has …What second-hand iPhone that's better than the Vodafone smartphone he has is £120 max?

?
Someone else suggested an iPhone

Cubot do several phones and there's other Chinese manufacturers.

I'm after something that meets my requirements circa £120 which has a warranty.

rwalto15917 m ago

?Someone else suggested an iPhoneCubot do several phones and there's other …?Someone else suggested an iPhoneCubot do several phones and there's other Chinese manufacturers.I'm after something that meets my requirements circa £120 which has a warranty.

Yes, I was asking that person that suggested an iPhone :). I quoted them.
I was asking what iPhone exactly is that cheap second-hand and is an upgrade to your current phone.
I doubt an iPhone 6S Plus with 32GB of storage is that cheap even second-hand.

Why do you want 32mb? That's not even space for 5 songs nevermind photos/videos.

Anyway, as said, Redmi Note 4 Global is by far the best. Can even get the 4gb/64gb for £130.

Original Poster

dcx_badass7 h, 52 m ago

Why do you want 32mb? That's not even space for 5 songs nevermind …Why do you want 32mb? That's not even space for 5 songs nevermind photos/videos.Anyway, as said, Redmi Note 4 Global is by far the best. Can even get the 4gb/64gb for £130.

Opps 32gig

Original Poster

Still haven't found what I'm looking for

rwalto15918 m ago

Still haven't found what I'm looking for

You will struggle at that price without going down the import route along with those specs. If you willing for refurb try the LG G3/G4 (not the S or C models), Nexus 5/6, Huawei P9 Lite, all sitting around £130-£150 (used Music Magpie for reference). If you can really stretch was a Nexus 6P posted on here refurb for £199. Most of these fall short with the 32gb rom, but mostly all have expandable memory (except the Nexus devices but they are at least 32gb rom)

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts4 h, 41 m ago

You will struggle at that price without going down the import route along …You will struggle at that price without going down the import route along with those specs. If you willing for refurb try the LG G3/G4 (not the S or C models), Nexus 5/6, Huawei P9 Lite, all sitting around £130-£150 (used Music Magpie for reference). If you can really stretch was a Nexus 6P posted on here refurb for £199. Most of these fall short with the 32gb rom, but mostly all have expandable memory (except the Nexus devices but they are at least 32gb rom)

Thank you for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text