Groups

HELP PLEASE - Broken PSP ?

My son's PSP is broken - games won't load. I was wondering the best option to get it fixed. He got it as a gift so there is no receipt and I think it is over a year old.

Would it be worth paying to get it fixed ? Contacting Sony ? Trading it in for a new one ?

Any feedback would be gratefully received.

EDIT: Phone 08705 998877 (Sony) great customer service, replacing the PSP

10 Comments

It would be best to contact Sony 1st, they replace PSP's with either a new one or refurbished unit at your door.

You need to have the the charger and battery.

I don't have the precise details, but give them a call. The missing receipt is not a problem.
    Hopefully someone that has actually done this themselves will be along to give you the precise details.

Original Poster

Thanks for that.

Anyone have Sony's contact details ? Had a look on their website and there is nothing obvious.

01293 653598

Let me know how you get on.

Original Poster

Many thanks, I'll give it a try when I get home and dig out the serial number on the PSP.
    Rep added.

Original Poster

Thanks for that but the number was out of service, I found 08705 998877 which got me
    through to Sony.

As a result they are going to replace the PSP........son will be delighted.

So my advice to anyone with PSP problems is give Sony a call, superb customer service.

Good to hear.

Will have to get my son to get his psp changed too :thumbsup:

Original Poster

They change like for like so you would not be gaining anything if the psp wasn't broke in the first place - why risk spoiling the first decent customer service I've come across for a while ??

Original Poster

Replacement PSP arrived by courier today. A+ to Sony.

nstrachan1;2043450

Replacement PSP arrived by courier today. A+ to Sony.

Excellent news! What rating do I get?

:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share925
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424714500
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691418
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2747

See more discussions