Help please: calculating import tax/duty cost from ISA

Posted 19th Jan
Hi all,

can one one suggest an online calculator to work out how much import fees I would be charged to make a purchase from the USA please?
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

7 Comments
simplyduty.com/imp…or/

Any good? First one on Google of many.

It all depends on value too of course. And the delivery method from the originating country. And the person/business sending the goods - i.e. declared as a 'gift' etc.

"Hope for the best. Plan for the worst."
Plus you'll have to pay an admin fee as well on top of that
Sc4mp019/01/2020 13:35

Plus you'll have to pay an admin fee as well on top of that

Not if pre-paid as the courier has no fee to collect.
AndyRoyd19/01/2020 13:56

How do you avoid that? I import from USA, pay international delivery there, and I get charged vat and £8 courier every single time.
splatsplatsplat19/01/2020 14:29

How do you avoid that? I import from USA, pay international delivery …How do you avoid that? I import from USA, pay international delivery there, and I get charged vat and £8 courier every single time.

Merchants such as Amazon US and certain eBay US traders offer pre-paid import fees; but obvsly if a specific trader does not offer import fee pre-payment then the courier levies admin fee to collect it.
AndyRoyd19/01/2020 13:56

That is true but I was answering under the assumption it wasn't prepaid as he wouldn't have to calculate duties and vat either as they'd just tell him at checkout how much to pay.
Thanks everyone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants