Help please freeview box..

Posted 26th Jul
Well we have moved to Scotland..we use now bb and have a bt box for tv. We don't have an aerial in our new property..so how do we do this please?

Hardware we have currently

Sony tv WiFi Android
Bt freeview box
Now tv bb
Firestick
Sky dish from previous owners but no box.

I'd like to record shows..not technical if you haven't guessed!

Upstairs we do have aerials in the bedrooms but I'm thinking there has to be another way??

Thank you in advance
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

5 Comments
Freesat recorder if dish LNB is not Q-compatible. If in stock at CEX they should be reasonably cheap and will come with generous 2 yr warranty, otherwise many peeps suggest Humax / Humax refurbs.
AndyRoyd26/07/2020 13:44

Freesat recorder if dish LNB is not Q-compatible. If in stock at CEX they …Freesat recorder if dish LNB is not Q-compatible. If in stock at CEX they should be reasonably cheap and will come with generous 2 yr warranty, otherwise many peeps suggest Humax / Humax refurbs.

I'll have to Google that. Lnb and q? Thank you tho I'll look
plumberman0126/07/2020 18:56

I'll have to Google that. Lnb and q? Thank you tho I'll look

LNB = low noise block and is the device with cable(s) coming from it that sticks out in front of the dish and receives the signal from the dish.
The older Sky LNBs are compatible with Freesat kit. A native Sky Q LNB is not compatible with most Freesat devices, unless very recent model specifically designed to function with the Q LNB. Some later Sky LNBs are hybrid and suitable for both Q and Freesat.
Many Sky LNBs are dual output meaning two cables and option to view / record total two channels, some are quad with four cables etc.
If you need an aerial downstairs then I had this on my watchlist from a while ago but never needed in the end ...
amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it

(Hopefully the lnb wires go to your living room downstairs) Sky Q lnb some info ....
satshop.co.uk/sky…lnb

Best of luck Plumberman01
Thank you! Will hopefully get sorted!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants