Groups

help please getting hotmail toforward mail to gmail

Banned
    so it works with iphone

it saye-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com, or Windows Live Custom Domains.

is google mail
    the same as gmail

17 Comments

go to hotmail, change personal settings, forward email to another email address, type in the address you want to send it to

sorry options top right, more options at the bottom...hope that helps

Magic_monkey;2666081

googlemail is the same as gmail.If you have a [email protected] it … googlemail is the same as gmail.If you have a [email protected] it will still work if you abbreviate your email to [email protected]

No it wont.
    Googlemail is used in the UK.
    Gmail is used in the US.

deathtrap3000;2666095

No it wont. Googlemail is used in the UK.Gmail is used in the US.

Well mine does still work either way :oops:

Original Poster Banned

need more help

Original Poster Banned

i have hotmail that dont work with iphone
    i just got googlemail

so how do i get my google mail to see hotmail

i had hotmail for long time so dont want to go yahoo or aol

a big thank you to magicmonkey and deathtrap

deathtrap3000;2666095

why would you argue with someone when you don't have the facts? all .googlemail sent to .gmail gets delivered to the .googlemail address.

i don't think googlemail can 'see' your hotmail but you can auto-forward all hotmail email to your gmail account, is that what you're after?

fungus;2666819

why would you argue with someone when you don't have the facts? all … why would you argue with someone when you don't have the facts? all .googlemail sent to .gmail gets delivered to the .googlemail address.

Cos its more fun.

Anyway I found that out the other day.

Why rain on my parade when you don't have all the facts?

Original Poster Banned

fungus;2666856

i don't think googlemail can 'see' your hotmail but you can auto-forward … i don't think googlemail can 'see' your hotmail but you can auto-forward all hotmail email to your gmail account, is that what you're after?

yes mate but how do i do it

where the toolbar is in live mail...new...check mail etc, at the right hand side is an options button, click that then click more options...and the option to forward mail to another account is there.

Does it work though, because like the OP says, when forwarding mail on hotmail you get this message:

"You can forward your mail to one other e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com, or Windows Live Custom Domains."

I just tried my googlemail but it was not accepted?

sorry, didn't realise that.

go to gmail settings and choose accounts and add another email address...add your hotmail address

Banned

deathtrap3000;2666095

Same thing. Email a googlemail suffix using gmail and it gets to the same address.

Original Poster Banned

fungus;2668529

this seems to cover everything you … this seems to cover everything you need...http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20071218184905987

thanks mate rep for your help:w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions