Groups

Help Please!! :) I need to find a website that tells me where Trains stop between stations???

Hi All,

I need a website that tells me what trains stations a train stops at, can anyone help?

Rep given if you can help

34 Comments

Google + "Train Timetables"?

trainline does the same

Banned

Trainline or virgin trains website

Banned

i didnt know trains stopped between stations:? how would people get off without platforms?

this websites pretty good for info - ]Live departure boards
    Although it only displays the trains 2 hous or so from the time you look.

Banned

daz1981;6789192

i didnt know trains stopped between stations:? how would people get off … i didnt know trains stopped between stations:? how would people get off without platforms?

+1

unless the op needs to know where the points are on the railway line then goto national rail site and you will find where the train stops........only at stations tho

Banned

daz1981;6789192

i didnt know trains stopped between stations:?

You don't travel by train very often then!:roll:

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6789090

Google + "Train Timetables"?

I looked on google but cant find what I want, maybe I have not explained it correctly

jamespir;6789140

trainline does the same

lottysdad08;6789187

Trainline or virgin trains website

I dont think they do what i want, i have looked at both, maybe I am being thick but if you can tell me how???

daz1981;6789192

i didnt know trains stopped between stations:? how would people get off … i didnt know trains stopped between stations:? how would people get off without platforms?

HaHa Funny lol

Narfette;6789217

this websites pretty good for info - ]Live departure boardsAlthough it … this websites pretty good for info - ]Live departure boardsAlthough it only displays the trains 2 hous or so from the time you look.

Not what I am looking for, again unless I just cant find it??

casparwhite;6789241

+1unless the op needs to know where the points are on the railway line … +1unless the op needs to know where the points are on the railway line then goto national rail site and you will find where the train stops........only at stations tho

You got it in one thats what I need.

For example: (this route is totally made up) 9:32am Nottingham to Kings Cross train, which stations does it stop at inbetween these 2 stations??? on this route??

Thanks for for your help so far, and forcing me to clarify I feel ashamed at my Clarity lol

* Edit wish I said this, its the bain of my life waiting for 20 mins between stations lol
    guv;6789299

Banned

what train then.......i was doing this the other week to meet someone from the station.........there is an option on the national rail site to check live trains and see if its on time....

type in the train and look in options.....its there somewhere

Original Poster

casparwhite;6789386

what train then.......i was doing this the other week to meet someone … what train then.......i was doing this the other week to meet someone from the station.........there is an option on the national rail site to check live trains and see if its on time....type in the train and look in options.....its there somewhere

I am after doing a few of these, basically I am trying to find a train that goes from Nottingham to Farnbough via Slough, on sunday and then the opposite way on tuesday or wednesday,

there are loads of trains to check as some go nottingham -> Birmingham -> Reading, Farnbough others are Nottingham -> Kings Cross -> Tube -> Waterloo -> Farnbough, so i am going to need to spend ages checking tbh, does the site you talk of do that??

I know i have seen people talking about it before to get cheap tickets, so they can buy 2 or 3 tickets to save money over 1, but i cant find it *Crying lol

Go on national rail and enter the journey.
    Then click 'view live train progress' and then click on Details for whichever journey you want to see. That will open up a list of the times and stations on the journey.

eg, for London to Birmingham, I get this

STATION TIMETABLE EXPECTED ACTUAL
    London Euston (Your station) Dep12:54 No report _
    Watford Junction Arr13:10 No report _
    Hemel Hempstead Arr13:18 No report _
    Berkhamsted Arr13:23 No report _
    Leighton Buzzard Arr13:36 No report _
    Bletchley Arr13:42 No report _
    Milton Keynes Central Arr13:49 No report _
    Wolverton Arr13:53 No report _
    Northampton Arr14:06 No report _
    Long Buckby Arr14:27 No report _
    Rugby Arr14:37 No report _
    Coventry Arr14:49 No report _
    Tile Hill Arr14:54 No report _
    Hampton-in-Arden Arr15:00 No report _
    Birmingham International Arr15:04 No report _
    Marston Green Arr15:07 No report _
    Birmingham New Street (Your station) Arr15:16 On time _

Banned

guv;6789299

all the time actually, they stop but you cant get off. once i was waiting at this little station on my own and over the loud speaker it said im sorry the train will be delayed for due to a fatality the guy speaking sounding like the voice of mortal combat it was funny

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6789469

Go on national rail and enter the journey.Then click 'view live train … Go on national rail and enter the journey.Then click 'view live train progress' and then click on Details for whichever journey you want to see. That will open up a list of the times and stations on the journey.eg, for London to Birmingham, I get thisSTATION TIMETABLE EXPECTED ACTUAL London Euston (Your station) Dep12:54 No report _ Watford Junction Arr13:10 No report _ Hemel Hempstead Arr13:18 No report _ Berkhamsted Arr13:23 No report _ Leighton Buzzard Arr13:36 No report _ Bletchley Arr13:42 No report _ Milton Keynes Central Arr13:49 No report _ Wolverton Arr13:53 No report _ Northampton Arr14:06 No report _ Long Buckby Arr14:27 No report _ Rugby Arr14:37 No report _ Coventry Arr14:49 No report _ Tile Hill Arr14:54 No report _ Hampton-in-Arden Arr15:00 No report _ Birmingham International Arr15:04 No report _ Marston Green Arr15:07 No report _ Birmingham New Street (Your station) Arr15:16 On time _

I cant see how I can do this for a train that leaves on sunday to wednesday, I dont want trains that are live (I.E. running now) I want it for a future train on sunday, does what you say do this, if so i cant see it? Thanks

Chuckles1001;6789526

I cant see how I can do this for a train that leaves on sunday to … I cant see how I can do this for a train that leaves on sunday to wednesday, I dont want trains that are live (I.E. running now) I want it for a future train on sunday, does what you say do this, if so i cant see it? Thanks

I don't get ya - this is the route that the train takes, be it today or tomorrow, it will still take the same route.

If it's a one off you could have phoned and got the answer by now.

Banned

daz1981;6789488

all the time actually, they stop but you cant get off.

Who said anything about getting off? :w00t:

Babbabooey;6789551

I don't get ya - this is the route that the train takes, be it today or … I don't get ya - this is the route that the train takes, be it today or tomorrow, it will still take the same route.

Not necessarily. The OP specifically mentions a Sunday. Rail engineering works ensures the train will run at different times or routes on occasions.

National Rail is the site to get the details though as others have stated.

greg_68;6789601

True..... But you wouldnt have had the fun with your reply!

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6789551

I don't get ya - this is the route that the train takes, be it today or … I don't get ya - this is the route that the train takes, be it today or tomorrow, it will still take the same route.

Not all trains stop at all stations, so I want to know whats stops sundays train will stop at, that make sence?

Banned

Chuckles1001;6789648

Not all trains stop at all stations, so I want to know whats stops … Not all trains stop at all stations, so I want to know whats stops sundays train will stop at, that make sence?

Yes it does.

Just spill the beans on your journey and times and someone can post the details in full. Its not hard (seriously)

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6789551

Not all trains stop at all stations, so I want to know whats stops sundays train will stop at, that make sence?

greg_68;6789601

What Guv said lol

guv;6789643

Who said anything about getting off? :w00t:Not necessarily. The OP … Who said anything about getting off? :w00t:Not necessarily. The OP specifically mentions a Sunday. Rail engineering works ensures the train will run at different times or routes on occasions.National Rail is the site to get the details though as others have stated.True..... But you wouldnt have had the fun with your reply!

Thats it, Eurika lol, I have been looking around the rail site and cant see how to do it for trains that are not traverling now, dam it lol

and I could have rung them up but have you tried asking them multiple questions about 10 different trains and asking them to list it all,m they get very peeded off as they are not mena tto spend to long on the phone to one customer, and this would take an hour i bet, with me writing it all down lol

Chuckles1001;6789648

Not all trains stop at all stations, so I want to know whats stops … Not all trains stop at all stations, so I want to know whats stops sundays train will stop at, that make sence?

Yeah, but you just put in Sundays date as the travel date, and then click on calling points see all stations called at for this journey leg to see a list of the stations that the trail will stop at.

Original Poster

guv;6789663

Yes it does.Just spill the beans on your journey and times and someone … Yes it does.Just spill the beans on your journey and times and someone can post the details in full. Its not hard (seriously)

I have listed my journey lol look below

Chuckles1001;6789457

I am after doing a few of these, basically I am trying to find a train … I am after doing a few of these, basically I am trying to find a train that goes from Nottingham to Farnbough via Slough, on sunday and then the opposite way on tuesday or wednesday, there are loads of trains to check as some go nottingham -> Birmingham -> Reading, Farnbough others are Nottingham -> Kings Cross -> Tube -> Waterloo -> Farnbough, so i am going to need to spend ages checking tbh, does the site you talk of do that??I know i have seen people talking about it before to get cheap tickets, so they can buy 2 or 3 tickets to save money over 1, but i cant find it *Crying lol

Sorry ofr this and i will rep all you real helpers, I need about 10 trains checked i think, dam they dont make it easy, when you find a train on any of these sites for travel in a weeks time, why cant you just click a button and it say this train stops at here, here and here lol

i dont get why you cant just go onto thetrainline.com and put in Nottingham - slough then a new journey of slough - farnborough.
    You can put whatever dates you want in there.
    Then once you have the right train times, call up national rail and ask them where they stop..

Chuckles1001;6789716

I have listed my journey lol look belowSorry ofr this and i will rep all … I have listed my journey lol look belowSorry ofr this and i will rep all you real helpers, I need about 10 trains checked i think, dam they dont make it easy, when you find a train on any of these sites for travel in a weeks time, why cant you just click a button and it say this train stops at here, here and here lol

You can. see #21 :thumbsup:

If you go to National Rail, and use the advanced search you can chose to go via a station, then when you have you results and click on the journey you want, on each leg of teh journey it will say "see all stations this leg of the journey stops at" or something to that effect.

Banned

Narfette;6789724

i dont get why you cant just go onto thetrainline.com and put in … i dont get why you cant just go onto thetrainline.com and put in Nottingham - slough then a new journey of slough - farnborough. You can put whatever dates you want in there.Then once you have the right train times, call up national rail and ask them where they stop..

why would you check via a third party site like trainline instead of going straight to national rail?:?

goto the relevant train operator and their site will tell you if there are any planned works

nationalexpresseastcoast.com/Tra…on/

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6789693

Yeah, but you just put in Sundays date as the travel date, and then click … Yeah, but you just put in Sundays date as the travel date, and then click on calling points see all stations called at for this journey leg to see a list of the stations that the trail will stop at.

I have not got "calling points" button, i have done a search on the page and it says its not there, so i am not missing it so must be on the wrong page, where is this famous button???, only thing i can see is where you have to change trains for the next one.

dbs31;6789710

Try this:http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/jd2#JourneySID1Not sure if … Try this:http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/jd2#JourneySID1Not sure if the link will work

Babbabooey;6789728

You can. see #21 :thumbsup:

As said, that button is not there after i searched for the word

dbs31;6789753

If you go to National Rail, and use the advanced search you can chose to … If you go to National Rail, and use the advanced search you can chose to go via a station, then when you have you results and click on the journey you want, on each leg of teh journey it will say "see all stations this leg of the journey stops at" or something to that effect.

Looks like i will have to try that, this is so poo, i have looking for 5 different people coming from different parts of the country so it will be a massive cross reffrenceing job i really did not want to do

When we are planning to go away either for a day or a few days we sit down and work out each journey and write it all down and then take it from there, see which cross over etc. it's just one of them things we have to do.
    Good luck.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dbs31;6789833

When we are planning to go away either for a day or a few days we sit … When we are planning to go away either for a day or a few days we sit down and work out each journey and write it all down and then take it from there, see which cross over etc. it's just one of them things we have to do. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Great I was hoping that was not going to happen as i am doing it for other people too and it will take hours. Also I know there is a site that does it as people talk about saving money by buying 3 tickets for 1 jouney and there was a site that worked it out, just cant find it

Babbabooey;6789693

Yeah, but you just put in Sundays date as the travel date, and then click … Yeah, but you just put in Sundays date as the travel date, and then click on calling points see all stations called at for this journey leg to see a list of the stations that the trail will stop at.

here is the screenshot of my pages and i cant see a "calling points" button

Sorry for the size, i cant help that atm
    http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/109/bloodytrains.jpg

Scroll down a bit further to where it refers to option 1 etc. and click on it, then you will see it.

Nottingham (NOT) to Farnborough (View Details for specific Stations)
    via Slough (SLO)
    Outward: Sunday 08 November, 2009

Leg 1-
    Sun 08 Nov
    Nottingham (NOT) to Peterborough (PBO)

Journey Summary Details - Option 1 Departs Arrives Duration
    14:43 16:04 1:21
    Calling Points: No calling points.

Leg 2 -

Peterborough (PBO) to London Kings Cross (KGX)
    Journey Summary Details - Option 2 Departs Arrives Duration
    16:19 17:18 0:59

Calling Points: Arrives Departs
    16:49 16:49 Stevenage

Leg 3 -
    Sun 08 Nov
    London Kings Cross (KGX) to London Paddington (PAD)
    Journey Summary Details - Option 3 Departs Arrives Duration
    17:18 18:03 0:45

Leg 4 -
    Sun 08 Nov
    London Paddington (PAD) to Reading (RDG)

Journey Summary Details - Option 4 Departs Arrives Duration
    18:03 18:36 0:33
    No calling points

leg 5 -
    Sun 08 Nov
    Reading (RDG) to Farnborough North (FNN)

Journey Summary Details - Option 5 Departs Arrives Duration
    19:03 19:29 0:26
    Calling Points: Arrives Departs
    19:11 19:11 Wokingham
    19:17 19:17 Crowthorne
    19:21 19:21 Sandhurst (Berks)
    19:24 19:24 Blackwater

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/dbs31/Untitled.jpg[/IMG]

Original Poster

Thanks guys Rep added, I might try to make a websitge that shows that a bit easier thou, rather then clicking each part of the route 1by1 it will still take ages but better then what i was going to have to do lol

Original Poster

and wow i am top of discussed, Whoo Hoo as i will never get top of deals thats the next best thing lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions