Help Please if you are a dog lover

Found 14th JunEdited by:"sweetpea10"
I was sent this today, if you are a dog lover please sign this petition and forward to as many people as you can. Thank you

At the Yulin Festival, which runs from 6/15 - 6/21 around 10,000 dogs and cats are consumed each year.

Many of these dogs are allegedly stolen pets, and the treatment of the animals is as barbaric as anyone could imagine.

Many of the dogs are skinned alive or beaten to death. It’s truly vile.

If it was your dog that was stolen, would you want to see this ?

metro.co.uk/201…54/

PLEASE SIGN ON THE LINK BELOW, together we can only hope to make a small change.

change.org/p/x…rue
Community Updates
MiscPet
Top comments
It's how it is there, their way of life. Some countries, Peru for example eat guinea pigs, I have 2 in the back garden that I am quite fond of, not in the nutritional way however.

Stop trying to change another countries culture because you don't agree with it.
Dannyrobbo33 m ago

I’m not sure any meat eater should sign this, it’s hypocritical.

Not exactly, it's not that they are eating the dogs, it's the fact that they torture them beforehand. They stuff as many dogs as possible into barbed wire cages and tear the skin off of them whilst they're still alive. It's utterly barbaric. I wouldn't want any of the animals that provide the meat I eat to suffer like the dogs in this festival do.

This is nothing about culture or hypocrisy and everything about torturing animals.

Sign away, unless you're a festering scum of a human being.

And no, I don't own any dogs.
benjammin31618 m ago

It's how it is there, their way of life. Some countries, Peru for example …It's how it is there, their way of life. Some countries, Peru for example eat guinea pigs, I have 2 in the back garden that I am quite fond of, not in the nutritional way however.Stop trying to change another countries culture because you don't agree with it.

I don't think the people commenting in this thread have read what actually goes on at this festival. They don't just happily eat humanely slaughtered dogs, they actively seek to torture the dogs and seek pleasure in doing so. Torturing animals is not OK just because it's part of your culture. The same goes for Religious ritual killings of animals. If the animal is tortured then the practice should be banned, regardless of some group's personal beliefs or "culture".

Denmark has it right. Animals shouldn't suffer just because certain people are daft enough to believe in magical beings.
Look at the way we treat chickens in our own back yard. And seafood is boiled alive. We aren't that squeaky clean either
52 Comments
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 14th Jun
Dannyrobbo8 m ago

Its disgusting whats happening, not really a joke is it.
sweetpea102 m ago

Its disgusting whats happening, not really a joke is it.

Course not, we keep them as pets and another country eats them. It’s not like our meat industry is that much different
Can you sign it then and perhaps promote it Pleaseeeeeeee
It's how it is there, their way of life. Some countries, Peru for example eat guinea pigs, I have 2 in the back garden that I am quite fond of, not in the nutritional way however.

Stop trying to change another countries culture because you don't agree with it.
Curious to see if the people signing this eat other animals
Edited by: "dratsabasti" 14th Jun
Dannyrobbo33 m ago

Not exactly, it's not that they are eating the dogs, it's the fact that they torture them beforehand. They stuff as many dogs as possible into barbed wire cages and tear the skin off of them whilst they're still alive. It's utterly barbaric. I wouldn't want any of the animals that provide the meat I eat to suffer like the dogs in this festival do.

This is nothing about culture or hypocrisy and everything about torturing animals.

Sign away, unless you're a festering scum of a human being.

And no, I don't own any dogs.
benjammin31618 m ago

It's how it is there, their way of life. Some countries, Peru for example …It's how it is there, their way of life. Some countries, Peru for example eat guinea pigs, I have 2 in the back garden that I am quite fond of, not in the nutritional way however.Stop trying to change another countries culture because you don't agree with it.

I don't think the people commenting in this thread have read what actually goes on at this festival. They don't just happily eat humanely slaughtered dogs, they actively seek to torture the dogs and seek pleasure in doing so. Torturing animals is not OK just because it's part of your culture. The same goes for Religious ritual killings of animals. If the animal is tortured then the practice should be banned, regardless of some group's personal beliefs or "culture".

Denmark has it right. Animals shouldn't suffer just because certain people are daft enough to believe in magical beings.
benjammin31646 m ago

So you never tried to change anything for the better then.
RJUK29 m ago

I don't think the people commenting in this thread have read what actually …I don't think the people commenting in this thread have read what actually goes on at this festival. They don't just happily eat humanely slaughtered dogs, they actively seek to torture the dogs and seek pleasure in doing so. Torturing animals is not OK just because it's part of your culture. The same goes for Religious ritual killings of animals. If the animal is tortured then the practice should be banned, regardless of some group's personal beliefs or "culture".Denmark has it right. Animals shouldn't suffer just because certain people are daft enough to believe in magical beings.

THANK YOU, the first person with some sense of humanity.
benjammin31649 m ago

It might better you to Actually Read, what they are doing to these animals. Then you can read your own quote about stopping changing other countries cultures. If you dont want to sign it, then its your choice. Peace to you.
So sad. The world can be a very cruel place sometimes. Thank you for spreading awareness. Signed and chipped in
Look at the way we treat chickens in our own back yard. And seafood is boiled alive. We aren't that squeaky clean either
It is terrible how some countries are so cruel to animals. I would sign the petition, but I don't think it will make any difference as we have no influence what goes on in another country.

It is not just animals that suffer in other countries. People also suffer but we can not do anything about it as we have no jurisdiction or influence.
mutley17 m ago

It is terrible how some countries are so cruel to animals. I would sign …It is terrible how some countries are so cruel to animals. I would sign the petition, but I don't think it will make any difference as we have no influence what goes on in another country.It is not just animals that suffer in other countries. People also suffer but we can not do anything about it as we have no jurisdiction or influence.

Please Read what is happening to the animals, its cruelty, not about eating meat.

If a thousand people said, I would sign if I thought it would help, then it would add awareness and collect 1000 more much needed signatures. If it helps in some way that someone with some power can put a stop to it, then is all Im looking for.

Thanks
RJUK1 h, 20 m ago

Not exactly, it's not that they are eating the dogs, it's the fact that …Not exactly, it's not that they are eating the dogs, it's the fact that they torture them beforehand. They stuff as many dogs as possible into barbed wire cages and tear the skin off of them whilst they're still alive. It's utterly barbaric. I wouldn't want any of the animals that provide the meat I eat to suffer like the dogs in this festival do.This is nothing about culture or hypocrisy and everything about torturing animals.Sign away, unless you're a festering scum of a human being.And no, I don't own any dogs.

Lets be honest it’s not exactly rainbows and butterflies in a European slaughterhouse, there are plenty of cases of torture over here, the race to the bottom for meat prices ensures this. They just don’t get the attention that this festival does. I just think as a meat eater it’s a little hypocritical.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 14th Jun
Signed
Dannyrobbo1 h, 54 m ago

Lets be honest it’s not exactly rainbows and butterflies in a European s …Lets be honest it’s not exactly rainbows and butterflies in a European slaughterhouse, there are plenty of cases of torture over here, the race to the bottom for meat prices ensures this. They just don’t get the attention that this festival does. I just think as a meat eater it’s a little hypocritical.

It's pure barbarism, Sadly you're right in a lot of cases they're inhumanly raised in horrific conditions. Caged hens etc... Not really much of a life. There is a lot that needs sorting with our own practices before we start preaching about/to others.

I'm totally against any form of animal abuse but as a meat eater I accept that they have to be slaughtered etc.. I just wish they were all stunned first and raised in better conditions.

If it was a petition for improving conditions and the welfare of animals I'd be among the first to sign it.
Honest confession, I do not like dogs. They smell and jump up and are dirty gross things.
i should add that I have two dogs (pets for my children) and my mum breeds and shows dogs, and they are always affectionate etc (which grossed me out, I don’t want them licking me) so it isn’t because I have only been around bad dogs.
my dogs are disgusting, there has been so many poos and wees in the house and they eat the cat turds out of the litter tray. One of them has a thing about shoes and has trashed so many things ranging from the girls toys to my old purse from chewing them up. And they stink, even if you bath them there’s that dog smell.

anyway I just don’t get why people like dogs at all, but that does not mean I would want a dog to suffer. It should not be accepted that it is ok to torture any living creature ever, and culture is not an excuse. If they want to eat them then that’s fine as any meat, but why the sick cruelty
farmlama2 h, 1 m ago

Honest confession, I do not like dogs. They smell and jump up and are …Honest confession, I do not like dogs. They smell and jump up and are dirty gross things.i should add that I have two dogs (pets for my children) and my mum breeds and shows dogs, and they are always affectionate etc (which grossed me out, I don’t want them licking me) so it isn’t because I have only been around bad dogs.my dogs are disgusting, there has been so many poos and wees in the house and they eat the cat turds out of the litter tray. One of them has a thing about shoes and has trashed so many things ranging from the girls toys to my old purse from chewing them up. And they stink, even if you bath them there’s that dog smell.anyway I just don’t get why people like dogs at all, but that does not mean I would want a dog to suffer. It should not be accepted that it is ok to torture any living creature ever, and culture is not an excuse. If they want to eat them then that’s fine as any meat, but why the sick cruelty

I have friends who don't like them either whilst I do.
Many people can't accept that not everyone doesn't like dogs. You need to see how offended many dog lovers can get on behalf of the dogs.

I respect everyone's preferences. I like both dogs and cats. I have a friend who clearly hates cats and thinks that guys who own cats must be homosexual
Edited by: "hearts22" 15th Jun
benjammin31610 h, 22 m ago

I tried the "Peruvian Hamburger" or roasted guinea pig on a stick. Culturally its not something I am used to, I wouldnt normally consider munching a large rodent. However I was in Peru and the bus had stopped and it was the least funky food available, and have to say it was delicious but I wont be nipping down to pets at home to recreate the experience.
.MUFC.7 h, 33 m ago

It's pure barbarism, Sadly you're right in a lot of cases they're …It's pure barbarism, Sadly you're right in a lot of cases they're inhumanly raised in horrific conditions. Caged hens etc... Not really much of a life. There is a lot that needs sorting with our own practices before we start preaching about/to others.I'm totally against any form of animal abuse but as a meat eater I accept that they have to be slaughtered etc.. I just wish they were all stunned first and raised in better conditions.If it was a petition for improving conditions and the welfare of animals I'd be among the first to sign it.

The worst part about what we do is the very fact things could be greatly improved if profit wasn’t the key driver, I mean nitrogen killing would be quick and painless but it costs much more than the other methods so is rarely used.

What’s happening to those dogs is awful but these are not the most wealthy or educated areas people are Taking the wrong approach if you are trying to ban it it’ll just go underground. Nobody is trying to help them improve welfare or farms, because we like dogs. All this while tucking into your Bacon and egg butty. It’s just hypocritical.
OP, this petition is pointless. Not signed.
petition seems useless - all thats mentioned is the eating of meat
if its the conditions or whatever then thats what needs to be in the petition
no awareness if thats not there
Do you really think signing a petition on change.org is going to have any influence what so ever over the Chinese. They have a bad record over human rights never mind animal rights.
123thisisme58 m ago

Do you really think signing a petition on change.org is going to have any …Do you really think signing a petition on change.org is going to have any influence what so ever over the Chinese. They have a bad record over human rights never mind animal rights.

Agree its a total waste of time, you will not influence China.
Last time I signed one of those they kept spamming me with lots of petitions to be signed.

I will pass.
brilly3 h, 48 m ago

petition seems useless - all thats mentioned is the eating of meatif its …petition seems useless - all thats mentioned is the eating of meatif its the conditions or whatever then thats what needs to be in the petition no awareness if thats not there

I always think its good to actually look into something and read what happens before saying "all thats mentioned is eating" Heres another point for you to consider. If you search you will find alot on the cruelty if thats what you dont see.

At the Yulin Festival, which runs from 6/15 - 6/21 around 10,000 dogs and cats are consumed each year.

Many of these dogs are allegedly stolen pets, and the treatment of the animals is as barbaric as anyone could imagine.

Many of the dogs are skinned alive or beaten to death. It’s truly vile.

metro.co.uk/201…54/
Edited by: "sweetpea10" 15th Jun
sweetpea108 m ago

I always think its good to actually look into something and read what …I always think its good to actually look into something and read what happens before saying "all thats mentioned is eating" Heres another point for you to consider. If you search you will find alot on the cruelty if thats what you dont see.At the Yulin Festival, which runs from 6/15 - 6/21 around 10,000 dogs and cats are consumed each year. Many of these dogs are allegedly stolen pets, and the treatment of the animals is as barbaric as anyone could imagine. Many of the dogs are skinned alive or beaten to death. It’s truly vile.https://metro.co.uk/2015/06/22/the-most-heartbreaking-pictures-from-chinas-cruel-dog-meat-festival-5257754/

ultimately everything you wrote is irrelevant to the petition
the petition is only about eating - it doesn't say anything about cruelty
if you want to raise awareness about the cruelty then it needs to be integral to the petition
brilly21 m ago

ultimately everything you wrote is irrelevant to the petitionthe petition …ultimately everything you wrote is irrelevant to the petitionthe petition is only about eating - it doesn't say anything about crueltyif you want to raise awareness about the cruelty then it needs to be integral to the petition

Did you click on the link below? You couldn't see cruelty there ?

metro.co.uk/201…54/
Edited by: "sweetpea10" 15th Jun
benjammin31615 h, 49 m ago

I don't really think that clubbing live animals over the head is acceptable in any country or culture.
Let's be honest. The main reason people dont want the Chinese to eat dog meat because they see them as pets or as part of the family. The treatment of the animals is a secondary concern used to beef up their views when confronted with anything that goes against them.

It was the same with the horse meat scandal. People didn't seem all that bothered that they weren't eating the labelled meat. They were bothered because, as with dogs, horses are seen as pets.

Strangely, you hear little about the inhumane ways that bulls are treated in Spain - where an international petition might actually have a chance of forcing change.
Edited by: "RossD89" 15th Jun
deeky15th Jun

I don't really think that clubbing live animals over the head is …I don't really think that clubbing live animals over the head is acceptable in any country or culture.

Tell that to the folks in the rainforest
sweetpea1035 m ago

Did you click on the link below? You couldn't see cruelty there …Did you click on the link below? You couldn't see cruelty there ?https://metro.co.uk/2015/06/22/the-most-heartbreaking-pictures-from-chinas-cruel-dog-meat-festival-5257754/

why would i click the link? you obviously didn't read my comment
@sweetpea10

Keep this up, do more selective threads against all human's cruelty against animals. Set yourself a target to do so many in a month, year.
deleted1431257
For you dog lovers out there, there are many thousands of dogs in Small Heath Park today
RossD891 h, 19 m ago

Let's be honest. The main reason people dont want the Chinese to eat dog …Let's be honest. The main reason people dont want the Chinese to eat dog meat because they see them as pets or as part of the family. The treatment of the animals is a secondary concern used to beef up their views when confronted with anything that goes against them.It was the same with the horse meat scandal. People didn't seem all that bothered that they weren't eating the labelled meat. They were bothered because, as with dogs, horses are seen as pets.Strangely, you hear little about the inhumane ways that bulls are treated in Spain - where an international petition might actually have a chance of forcing change.

I detest any cruelty.

Unless I see a general trend of OP's posts against cruelty to animals, showing a track record of morality and ethics. I think it could be xenophobia or to stir up xenophobia. A very tiny minority of bad guys is made out on social networks to demonise the entire population.

( As there is already extensive and comprehensive effort internally in China to ban it.) According to this , if it is to be believed 1,000 in 2016. Who can even say there is less than 1,000 cases of dog cruelty elsewhere in the world?!

An extremely tiny number of people actually eat dog in China. That Yulin place is an obscure place in China. I never heard of this name until I googled it. Chinese detest this festival, even the locals near there but some traditions take long term to vanish on earth, this is the same in any country.
Edited by: "splender" 15th Jun
deeky1 h, 20 m ago

I don't really think that clubbing live animals over the head is …I don't really think that clubbing live animals over the head is acceptable in any country or culture.

I think night-clubbing is allowed.
brilly5 h, 51 m ago

petition seems useless - all thats mentioned is the eating of meatif its …petition seems useless - all thats mentioned is the eating of meatif its the conditions or whatever then thats what needs to be in the petition no awareness if thats not there

It is international politics, the giveaway is the motive of the petition: "Our goal is to launch a major campaign with thousands of signatures, and deliver it to the Chinese embassy."

All we can do is to join up the extensive internal activist campaigns in China en.wikipedia.org/wik…val

Why do I say this? This is my logic:-

1. It is pointless to do pressure politics with China, politics is not even allowed internally. It is arrogant and ignorant to think otherwise. The route for freedom for the dogs is not through politics, but via existing international convention, law for animal rights.

2. Because no politics is allowed in China, all we can do is to send donations to the existing activist groups in China but take care to only send money to credible activities and there are some fake animal charities here in UK and in China.
Edited by: "splender" 15th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants