Groups

Help please- Ipod Nano or Touch?

I have bought MIL a Nano with money given by her OH (on offer from Argos on Sunday £99 with £15 itunes) but now I'm wondering whether I should have got her the Touch. She wants it to play music in her car but she is abit of a techno-phobe and I don't know anything about Ipod Touch. I think she'd like to check her emails when she's out and about so perhaps Touch might be better. I can't return the nano to Argos because it's exempt from the 30 day guarantee but I could possibly sell it. Also I think she's considering an Iphone in the near future. I would really appreciate any advice you could give. Should I stick with the Nano?
    Thanks

9 Comments

Banned

nano may be better in a car as the touch can be a bit sensitive when you handle it , nano easier to hide as well if you leave it in the car. she wont need the touch when she gets the iphone .

Original Poster

tangramman;7307303

nano may be better in a car as the touch can be a bit sensitive when you … nano may be better in a car as the touch can be a bit sensitive when you handle it , nano easier to hide as well if you leave it in the car. she wont need the touch when she gets the iphone .

Thanks for your help- it's easier for me if she keeps the nano but I wondered whether you get more for your money with Touch. If she got the iphone would she not really need the nano either? Does it work as an MP3 too?

Banned

the touch costs more so what it does is relative to how much you have spent . the nano is a very elegant music player , i regret getting rid of mine when i got the touch because the touch seems much bigger in your pocket .
    eventually the iphone will do everything , we will be presented with one at birth . ; )

Original Poster

tangramman;7307433

the touch costs more so what it does is relative to how much you have … the touch costs more so what it does is relative to how much you have spent . the nano is a very elegant music player , i regret getting rid of mine when i got the touch because the touch seems much bigger in your pocket .eventually the iphone will do everything , we will be presented with one at birth . ; )

Thank you I'll wrap it then! :santa:

Banned

i"d keep it for myself ; )

If she's a technophobe I'd stick with the Nano, much simpler mp3 player and it will still complement the Iphone well if she does pick one up.

John

I have a ipod nano and ipod touch and use them both for different things. I tend to use the ipod touch more for email and games than for music. She won't need an ipod touch if she's going to be getting an iphone. An iphone is the same as an ipod touch, but with a phone and camera built in.

Yep stick with the nano. As mentioned the itouch and iphone are so similiar that if she does get the iphone im sure the itouch will be ignored.

Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your advice I feel better now :thumbsup:
    Repped for your help :santa:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 4K TV Deals?12
      2. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?69
      3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming11
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA89

See more discussions