Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Help please! Item delivered somewhere else!

Posted 8th Nov
Ordered a Switch from Very due to be delivered today between 9am and 11am. At 8.15am I get a text from Royal Mail saying item has been delivered already. Checked the tracking at it said it was delivered at 5.30am?? There was an illegible signature on it. What do I do?

Any advice appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Just wait, I’m a Postie and this sounds to me that they selected the wrong option on their scanner in your local sorting office. They are meant to scan them all into the office but one simple mistake and they scan them all as delivered. They’ll of scanned over 100 so at the end when it asked for signature they’ll of put anything in. I’m sure it’ll come today when your post normally arrives.
toonsquirel08/11/2019 09:50

Just wait, I’m a Postie and this sounds to me that they selected the wrong …Just wait, I’m a Postie and this sounds to me that they selected the wrong option on their scanner in your local sorting office. They are meant to scan them all into the office but one simple mistake and they scan them all as delivered. They’ll of scanned over 100 so at the end when it asked for signature they’ll of put anything in. I’m sure it’ll come today when your post normally arrives.

You must’ve been right as Good News, it just got delivered!
Thank you HUKDers for all the responses, can always rely on the community in a (retail) crisis
Will have a celebratory cuppa now!
16 Comments
What did Royal Mail say when you rang them as first point of call as they delivered it?
contact very
First method - The goods and delivery service you paid for have not been fulfilled. You make a reasonable attempt to resolve by visiting neighbours. Assuming you gave a fully useable address and can prove someone was in residence at the time of the delivery, it is now Very's problem. You make clear you want your money back.

Second method - you run around trying to fix the problem and accept it as your problem.
Edited by: "ccnp" 8th Nov
This happens when it’s been tracked and scanned in the depot. Should be delivered today with your posti
Thanks all for the replies. I’ve spoken to both and they’ve (separately) asked me to wait until after the delivery time frame to see if it was just a tracking mistake just my luck eh!
Unlikely to be have been delivered to someone at 5.30am so I would wait and see what happens with your postal deliveries today
bobdylan08/11/2019 09:43

Unlikely to be have been delivered to someone at 5.30am so I would wait …Unlikely to be have been delivered to someone at 5.30am so I would wait and see what happens with your postal deliveries today

i had parcel force deliver before 7am as they state from 6am.
but 5.30 is too early
Just wait, I’m a Postie and this sounds to me that they selected the wrong option on their scanner in your local sorting office. They are meant to scan them all into the office but one simple mistake and they scan them all as delivered. They’ll of scanned over 100 so at the end when it asked for signature they’ll of put anything in. I’m sure it’ll come today when your post normally arrives.
That makes sense, fingers crossed this is the case 🤞 feel sorry for the poor person that made that mistake though. I need a tea now to calm me nerves while I wait
Sc4mp008/11/2019 09:17

What did Royal Mail say when you rang them as first point of call as they …What did Royal Mail say when you rang them as first point of call as they delivered it?

What did Very say as you're not RM's customer..
This might sound like a silly question but have you checked the address listed on your Very account and order history?
adam_holcombe08/11/2019 10:49

Both Very and RM said the same, to wait til after delivery time. To be fair both companies were very nice about it and understood the situation I was in
Haircut_10008/11/2019 11:04

This might sound like a silly question but have you checked the address …This might sound like a silly question but have you checked the address listed on your Very account and order history?

Not a silly question at all as can happen when typing quickly etc. Yes I checked it and it was all correct. So waiting game for me now
adam_holcombe08/11/2019 10:49

But he's the receiver, he can still query where his shipment.

What he can't do is change any information/instructions about it.
toonsquirel08/11/2019 09:50

Just wait, I’m a Postie and this sounds to me that they selected the wrong …Just wait, I’m a Postie and this sounds to me that they selected the wrong option on their scanner in your local sorting office. They are meant to scan them all into the office but one simple mistake and they scan them all as delivered. They’ll of scanned over 100 so at the end when it asked for signature they’ll of put anything in. I’m sure it’ll come today when your post normally arrives.

You must’ve been right as Good News, it just got delivered!
Thank you HUKDers for all the responses, can always rely on the community in a (retail) crisis
Will have a celebratory cuppa now!
RadiatorRules08/11/2019 12:07

You must’ve been right as Good News, it just got delivered! Thank …You must’ve been right as Good News, it just got delivered! Thank you HUKDers for all the responses, can always rely on the community in a (retail) crisis Will have a celebratory cuppa now!

The old saying rings true once more: "Good things come to those who wait."

Great news, RadiatorRules.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants