Help please medical negligence investigation

Posted 6th Jan
One of my relatives was admitted to a ward in one of the biggest hospitals in the UK.

They messed up on so many levels and that relative is now palliative.

I have been trying to contact the press but have had no response.

The hospital is loosing money and at least 7 people are actively involved in covering up what was done, including withholding treatment in order to cover up their mistakes.

I wrote a complaint, and their response was complete hogwash.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Not able to offer advice as such , however I would say be prepared to be patient, a very close relative of mine just had their medical negligence claim fully investigated via a solicitor, it took seven years in total . I assume you went through the correct initial stage at the hospital and went through PALS in the first instance .
Contact a newspaper.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 6th Jan
You need a lot of evidence because I had this problem 15 years ago when a surgeon totally messed me up inside from a operation and covered it up. I complained to the medical governor’s etc and they sided with her. I fought for three years and tried to get medical compo, but lost on all accounts because they sided with them, then made me out as a depressive no body and basically wrote me off.
15 years later, I’m left with chronic pain and house bound with no help from no one.
Haircut_10006/01/2020 16:30

Contact a newspaper.

"I have been trying to contact the press but have had no response."

Sounds as if they've already tried

I would suggest a "free" consultation with a solicitor who will be able to advise, and be 'interested' if it's something they can get their claws into...
I found PALS to be pretty useless, you can go directly to the NHS trust without having to go through to PALS first.

If you are not satisfied with the complaint response, you can escalate to the ombudsman. I found that NHS staff stick together so with lack of information it is difficult to build your case. If you think you have enough evidence to prosecute, you can instruct a solicitor on a no win no fee basis.
Irwin mitchell often do no win no fee so try and contact them
irwinmitchell.com/per…nce

depends what outcome you want to achieve though.

drs all have insurance
they wont likely admit mistakes
Read this
citizensadvice.org.uk/hea…on/
and then, if necessary make a visit to your local Citizens Advice
There are links in the above link about how to get an appropriate solicitor.
Thanks, sorry to hear about similar stories.

I believe they are criminal, in this case they purposely witheld treatment in order to cover up their mistakes, the whole department is utterly corrupt and innept. I have submitted an official complaint, copying in the CEO, and their response is complete hogwash.

I have contacted the AvMA, CQC, GMC, NMC and am in the process of finding a no win no fee lawyer.

I feel their is a huge public interest story here, which goes right to the top, but none of the press outlets are responding to my emails.
Gooner7706/01/2020 18:17

Thanks, sorry to hear about similar stories. I believe they are criminal, …Thanks, sorry to hear about similar stories. I believe they are criminal, in this case they purposely witheld treatment in order to cover up their mistakes, the whole department is utterly corrupt and innept. I have submitted an official complaint, copying in the CEO, and their response is complete hogwash.I have contacted the AvMA, CQC, GMC, NMC and am in the process of finding a no win no fee lawyer.I feel their is a huge public interest story here, which goes right to the top, but none of the press outlets are responding to my emails.

the NHS is a great British institution where all UK citizens can get access to free medical treatment. There are very good doctors and nurses and other medical staff working for the NHS, who are very skilled and who truly want to help patients. However, in a large organisation like the NHS, there are also a bunch of idiots and incompetent monkeys.

their processes are poor especially if the patient gets moved from ward to ward or hospital to hospital. i have heard many people complain about treatment. it very much depends on which hospital and which doctor treated you, as to whether you get good medical care or not. the standards across hospitals and wards are not consistent across the country, or even the same town, and can vary by a huge degree. the NHS governs itself and even the ombudsman has little power to be independent.

your best bet for medical negligence is through a solicitor but you need concrete evidence to prosecute and this will often be difficult to obtain as you are faced with a closed firewall when you ask for information. also you would need to get independent medical expert advice and this will be costly.

i, myself, have been advised my medical staff to complain as they themselves recognise the appalling service that their hospital provides to patients but they have no power to make things better, and the only way that the service will improve will be for people to make complaints and raise awareness of poor service.
mutley106/01/2020 18:32

the NHS is a great British institution where all UK citizens can get …the NHS is a great British institution where all UK citizens can get access to free medical treatment. There are very good doctors and nurses and other medical staff working for the NHS, who are very skilled and who truly want to help patients. However, in a large organisation like the NHS, there are also a bunch of idiots and incompetent monkeys.their processes are poor especially if the patient gets moved from ward to ward or hospital to hospital. i have heard many people complain about treatment. it very much depends on which hospital and which doctor treated you, as to whether you get good medical care or not. the standards across hospitals and wards are not consistent across the country, or even the same town, and can vary by a huge degree. the NHS governs itself and even the ombudsman has little power to be independent.your best bet for medical negligence is through a solicitor but you need concrete evidence to prosecute and this will often be difficult to obtain as you are faced with a closed firewall when you ask for information. also you would need to get independent medical expert advice and this will be costly.i, myself, have been advised my medical staff to complain as they themselves recognise the appalling service that their hospital provides to patients but they have no power to make things better, and the only way that the service will improve will be for people to make complaints and raise awareness of poor service.

Exactly what I experienced, I was in the ward 12 hours a day for 6 weeks, I met some amazing people, nurses told me they have never seen a family member like me before, patients wanted to shake my hand. I had not spent more than 30 minutes in a ward before, my entire life.

This place was an absolute disaster, I did not want to sue the NHS, as I am a strong believer in it and what it stands for, but these people are sub-human. You just cannot believe the things they must be getting away with.
The hospital trusts should be held accountable but too many people seem in love with our NHS, your situation sounds awful and I hope you manage to get the outcome you deserve.

Yes there are good doctors and nurses but there are also terrible ones, people need to realise this and get out of their behinds!
I did all of above. I did everything, even the main medical officials in London. I took them to court myself and it was thrown out. Left me over £2000 in debt. You don’t stand a chance when all the nhs stick together, but good luck with what you do
Gooner7706/01/2020 21:21

Exactly what I experienced, I was in the ward 12 hours a day for 6 weeks, …Exactly what I experienced, I was in the ward 12 hours a day for 6 weeks, I met some amazing people, nurses told me they have never seen a family member like me before, patients wanted to shake my hand. I had not spent more than 30 minutes in a ward before, my entire life.This place was an absolute disaster, I did not want to sue the NHS, as I am a strong believer in it and what it stands for, but these people are sub-human. You just cannot believe the things they must be getting away with.

there are so many serious failings in the NHS but as they govern themselves no one ever finds out and the individual complaints make very little difference, but people should complain so that there is at least awareness at high level of the NHS failings, even if it is only to the NHS themselves. if i were to tell you what i had experienced when my parents or brother were in hospital, you would think i was making up the story, as it sounds that unbelievable and ridiculous that it can only be made up.

some hospitals are well known for providing very poor service. people say that many people have died there because the service is poor. dead people can't complain and can't tell others what went wrong. without medical knowledge you won't know that they are not getting the correct treatment either to even make a complaint.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions