Groups

Help Please! My IE8 is not connecting to Internet anymore.

Hi Everyone,

As per title, my IE 8 is not connecting to Internet anymore. I can surf Internet through other browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera.

Suddenly, IE 8 stopped working. My laptop is running Vista Ultimate SP1.

Please help. The screen shot is attached.

16 Comments

Original Poster

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1525/52857121.th.jpg

Try restarting windows

Right click on your network connection (in sys tray) and select "repair" and then reconnect. This might solve the issue.

(Assuming you are not able to connect to internet at all. Or is it just the IE8 thats not connecting?) What AV you use?

Do this, and if this does't work then you've got some nasty hijacking spyware...

Tools>internet options>advanced tab>reset internet explorer.

Original Poster

Hi I have done all the things above such as resetting IE settings, restarting windows, repairing Internet connection. None of them worked.

The computer is connected to Internet. Just the IE8 is not getting the Internet Connection.

I think some spyware is hijacking my IE8. I got legit McAfee 2010 Internet Security installed already. I never visit some nasty websites.

Please tell me what to do.

I guess your windows is up to date. Microsoft recently released a patch for IE-8. I would suggest running a windows update and then manually add IE8 as trusted application to McAfee firewall. Sometimes the firewall blocks IE8.

Use Mozilla.

Had to be said :whistling:

My mate had the same problem.... he had to format the hard drive...:cry:

Original Poster

I am now uninstalling McAfee and I will install Avast later on.

Let us know if that solves the problem. :thumbsup:

blocked iexplore.exe on your firewall?

Do a system restore if it will let you, If noyt then try malwarebytes.

Have you checked your proxy settings? Make sure you have the setting unchecked. Just set it to automatic detection.

Or else run this command in command prompt and reboot the machine.
    netsh winsock reset

Original Poster

Finally, it is working again. I installed the Malwarebytes and Avast and did the scan.

Malwarebyte found a few malware and it repaired it automatically.

Then i booted into Safemode by pressing F8
    -Type CMD
    -Type netsh winsock reset
    -Rebooted the laptop

DA..DA.. It is working like charm now.

Thanks for all your suggestions folks. I really appreciate it.

fullmoon;7706177

Finally, it is working again. I installed the Malwarebytes and Avast and … Finally, it is working again. I installed the Malwarebytes and Avast and did the scan. Malwarebyte found a few malware and it repaired it automatically.Then i booted into Safemode by pressing F8-Type CMD -Type netsh winsock reset-Rebooted the laptopDA..DA.. It is working like charm now.Thanks for all your suggestions folks. I really appreciate it.

Knew Malawarebytes would sort it :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2991055
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1016
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324

See more discussions