Groups

help please - my wireless connection keeps dropping...

...except it doesn't. i'm very confused as to what the hecky-thump is going on.

i switch on the computer and IE/Firefox works fine. If i don't use either of themm for a few minutes, they drop the wireless connection. except i can still update things like avg and tomtom, and the little computer thing in the bottom right hand corner still says signal strength excellent, status connected. so to use IE/Firefox again i have to right click and then "repair".

it's on my desktop using a usb wifi connection and it has only started happening within the last three days - it has worked for one year with no problems.

can anybody shed some light as to what is happening here as it is doing my noggin in!!!!!

6 Comments

Original Poster

sorry, forgot to say please.

It might be worth doing a system restore to a point just prior to when you noticed the problem, to see if there has been i glitch in your system. Have you installed any thing in the past few days?

Original Poster

not that i'm aware of. i've already tried it - restored back to middle of July - still no luck - cannot figure this out!

Original Poster

bump - can any of the day people help with this one please?

When i've had this when doing PC repairs for folk it's usually been Spyware......or a virus that's been resident on the PC.

Download and run the free version of Lavasoft's Adaware 2008 (not Adware) and see if it finds anything :

lavasoft.com/pro…php

Then Run AVG and select a Full Scan and see if it finds anything ! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;2668378

When i've had this.......Then Run AVG

cheers. AVG hasn't picked anything up, but i'll try the other one tonight.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …76130
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1637
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764498
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846275

See more discussions