Groups

Help please on unscrewing

Could someone please tell me what sort of screwdriver ot allen key i would need to unscrew two screws which are attached to my fridge door?

I have tried flat, Phillips and allen keys but it doesn't turn.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks

24 Comments

Post a picture?

It will be a Torx screw I would thnk.

Original Poster

Does anyone know how to upload a photo

https://www.masters.com.au/media/MASTERS/Product/1000x1000/900043283_0_9999_v1_m56577569830845573.jpg

Original Poster

Not quite how do you paste a photo in this site?

Banned

306notout

https://www.masters.com.au/media/MASTERS/Product/1000x1000/900043283_0_9999_v1_m56577569830845573.jpgSomething like that

One of these.
    ebay.co.uk/itm…t=0

As you will see there are 3 roughly the same so you need to get a set.
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 14th Sep 2016

Copy image address then click 3rd icon from the right next to the smilies and paste the address in there.

306notout

It will be a Torx screw I would thnk.

+1 on this, almost certainly Torx

Original Poster

https://imageshack.us/my/images

Original Poster

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/2928/CA2IjM.jpg

Original Poster

Please see above

I think 306notout called it

Its a Torx screw 100%

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help

It looks like a TX30 bit will do it but probably best to get a set as posted above

Maplin have a set item no n22jy at 46p.
    screwfix have one item no 2962c £4.99

It's definitely a Torx bit (often called star bits) you can occasionally even get these bits on the poundshops
    Edited by: "wolf359" 14th Sep 2016

Sometimes come in your car tools as supplied by dealer.Or any friend that works on cars will have a set or two

Someones found the down vote button oO

Quite right pan1100 very often in toolsets worth a look OP.

Original Poster

Great will pop over to screwfix tonight

Treboeth

Someones found the down vote button oOQuite right pan1100 very often in … Someones found the down vote button oOQuite right pan1100 very often in toolsets worth a look OP.

I reversed what I could

sad that it's allowed as from what I see everyone has helped

I'll probably get this comment down voted also - I seem to have upset a few tro.. people and they seem to get great pleasure in voting down almost every comment I make in Ask

But please don't tell them I don't give a damn

philphil61

I reversed what I couldsad that it's allowed as from what I see everyone … I reversed what I couldsad that it's allowed as from what I see everyone has helpedI'll probably get this comment down voted also - I seem to have upset a few tro.. people and they seem to get great pleasure in voting down almost every comment I make in AskBut please don't tell them I don't give a damn

Can`t disagree with anything you have written have an up X)

Lots of people are here to help but more seem to take pleasure in causing problems

Edited
    OP got what they needed which is always good
    Edited by: "Treboeth" 14th Sep 2016

Original Poster

philphil61

I reversed what I couldsad that it's allowed as from what I see everyone … I reversed what I couldsad that it's allowed as from what I see everyone has helpedI'll probably get this comment down voted also - I seem to have upset a few tro.. people and they seem to get great pleasure in voting down almost every comment I make in AskBut please don't tell them I don't give a damn

Good suggestion i actually found a set of screwdrivers in the garage which had exactly what I needed.

Thanks to all the helpful advice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet27
      2. Jury service1620
      3. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      4. What laptop to choose?21

See more discussions