Groups
    EXPIRED

Help please, Paying for postage through paypal.

Hi, I sold a xbox 360 on ebay and paid for the postage through paypal but i've just realised that i entered the wrong weight by about a pound.....Will the postage print out be void? The price is the same if i entered the correct weight. Sorry if this is confusing lol.

Thanks for any help.

30 Comments

as long as you have paid the right amount then it will be fine

Shouldn't matter as long as you have paid the correct price for the weight. Doubt anyone is going to notice a pound on that sized parcel tbh.

Banned

gemmar26;6392396

worst case scenario is the parcel will be delayed and receiver will have to pay excess........happens often with rm

Original Poster

gemmar26;6392396

greg_68;6392409

Shouldn't matter as long as you have paid the correct price for the … Shouldn't matter as long as you have paid the correct price for the weight. Doubt anyone is going to notice a pound on that sized parcel tbh.

Thank you both...rep left :thumbsup:

casparwhite;6392418

:oworst case scenario is the parcel will be delayed and receiver will … :oworst case scenario is the parcel will be delayed and receiver will have to pay excess........happens often with rm

lol why surprised?

Banned

casparwhite;6392418

:oworst case scenario is the parcel will be delayed and receiver will … :oworst case scenario is the parcel will be delayed and receiver will have to pay excess........happens often with rm

think they mean as long as the postage was the same for a pound in weight either way

If the sale was over 40 quid,hope you have sent Special Delivery.

sassie;6392447

think they mean as long as the postage was the same for a pound in weight … think they mean as long as the postage was the same for a pound in weight either way

:thumbsup:

Banned

gemmar26;6392441

lol why surprised?

you just stated the obvious but it appears thats what the op required:thinking:

Original Poster

deb8z;6392455

If the sale was over 40 quid,hope you have sent Special Delivery.

Yeh it was over £40 but because of how heavy it was i went for the cheaper delivery option so the postage wasn't to high for the buyer. Probably big mistake lol

mackenzie;6392483

Yeh it was over £40 but because of how heavy it was i went for the … Yeh it was over £40 but because of how heavy it was i went for the cheaper delivery option so the postage wasn't to high for the buyer. Probably big mistake lol

if you wanted to change your mind and if you haven't sent it yet you can claim the postage back if you do not send it when paying via royalmail site. Not sure about when paying via paypal though.

Does anyone know if you can check postage cost thru ebay without having a current sale?

Cheers, Des.

Original Poster

greg_68;6392513

if you wanted to change your mind and if you haven't sent it yet you can … if you wanted to change your mind and if you haven't sent it yet you can claim the postage back if you do not send it when paying via royalmail site. Not sure about when paying via paypal though.

Hi thanks, i might see if i can cancel :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DesG;6392535

Does anyone know if you can check postage cost thru ebay without having a … Does anyone know if you can check postage cost thru ebay without having a current sale?Cheers, Des.

Hi Des, I'm not sure but royal mail do ]http//sg…alc

mackenzie;6392483

Yeh it was over £40 but because of how heavy it was i went for the … Yeh it was over £40 but because of how heavy it was i went for the cheaper delivery option so the postage wasn't to high for the buyer. Probably big mistake lol

You need it to be sent with tracking,if it was a fair bit over 40 quid then you need to send it Special Delivery, recorded/1st/2nd class will only cover you upto 39 quid if it gets "lost"

If it gets lost or there's no tracking info showing it as delivered the buyer can claim their money back via Paypal very easily and you will only be reimbursed upto 39 quid if you claim with Royal Mail for only recorded or 1st/2nd class,thats why Special Delivery is a must for items of value.

Original Poster

What if i used a courier like parcel monkey. Say if i used a next day service and arranged it today when would they collect and deliver? Thanks.

DesG;6392535

Does anyone know if you can check postage cost thru ebay without having a … Does anyone know if you can check postage cost thru ebay without having a current sale?Cheers, Des.

Hi. Another you could try is
    seajays.org.uk/pos…age

Hope this helps.

A lot of people on here have used these and recommend them.

]http//ww…om/

Original Poster

deb8z;6392728

A lot of people on here have used these and recommend … A lot of people on here have used these and recommend them.]http://www.parcel2go.com/

Thank you...rep left :thumbsup:

Thanks, but only interested in checking the ebay/paypal postage costs.

Cheers, Des.

DesG;6392753

Thanks, but only interested in checking the ebay/paypal postage … Thanks, but only interested in checking the ebay/paypal postage costs.Cheers, Des.

I don't get what you're asking if not how much it costs to send a parcel ?

Original Poster

DesG;6392753

Thanks, but only interested in checking the ebay/paypal postage … Thanks, but only interested in checking the ebay/paypal postage costs.Cheers, Des.

Do you mean ebay/paypal fees

deb8z;6392788

I don't get what you're asking if not how much it costs to send a parcel ?

How much to send a parcel using ebay/paypal postage, yes. There doesn't seem to be a way of checking unless you have a current sale.

I know how much it costs with other places, not with ebay/paypal.

Cheers, Des.

mackenzie;6392744

Thank you...rep left :thumbsup:

You're welcome:)

DesG;6394154

How much to send a parcel using ebay/paypal postage, yes. There doesn't … How much to send a parcel using ebay/paypal postage, yes. There doesn't seem to be a way of checking unless you have a current sale.I know how much it costs with other places, not with ebay/paypal. Cheers, Des.

Do you mean is postage the same price using Paypal to pay for it as RM ?

deb8z;6394186

Do you mean is postage the same price using Paypal to pay for it as RM ?

No, I was just wondering if there is a way of finding out how much ebay/paypal would charge for say a 29kg parcel.

I know they roughly use RM/PF costs.

I don't think there is a way to check, but was hoping someone might know

(There is a reason for me wanting to know )

Cheers, Des.

DesG;6394228

No, I was just wondering if there is a way of finding out how much … No, I was just wondering if there is a way of finding out how much ebay/paypal would charge for say a 29kg parcel.I know they roughly use RM/PF costs.I don't think there is a way to check, but was hoping someone might know :)(There is a reason for me wanting to know )Cheers, Des.

If they are roughly the same surely it doesn't matter lol

Sorry,i don't use Paypal postage so i've no idea.

deb8z;6394256

If they are roughly the same surely it doesn't matter lolSorry,i don't … If they are roughly the same surely it doesn't matter lolSorry,i don't use Paypal postage so i've no idea.

lol, no problems.

I have an auction ending tonight, so I will check it then if no-one knows of a way of checking beforehand.

(The roughly in certain circumstances might be a difference that is not so small )

Cheers, Des.

I hope the parcel isn't 29 kilos,woah lol

deb8z;6394324

I hope the parcel isn't 29 kilos,woah lol

It is actually

Cheers, Des.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits11
      2. Biscuit addiction1537