Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
19 Comments

Original Poster

31748547-etkex.jpg

Seems like graphic card issue.

I assume you not installed any new hardware? Not dropped it, or knocked it hard? If not then most likely graphics or memory. Try booting in safe mode.
Edited by: "mrty" 22nd Aug 2017

Also try googling the error codes down on screen (I can only see partial image on photo, so can't do it myself).
I wish you luck.

Yeah, your PC has turned on but hasn't booted so you need to change that in your question. Disconect the HDD and boot from a linux live cd or the USB windows 10 medium. Looks like your graphics driver is corrupted.
Edited by: "kester76" 22nd Aug 2017

Have you tried googling the exception code it gave you as that normally gives you an idea where to look. Also list the specs of your PC as these problems could be a know issue with that system setup.

It looks like graphics card issue so I'd start there if it's a tower pc with a stand along graphics card take it out and I imagine it has onboard try plugging into that and see if it boots

Open the box and remove and replace all the cables, the graphics card and the RAM and then start it up again.

Hard to tell from screen shot if laptop or desktop. If laptop take the battery out and remove a/c adaptor, there should be an access panel on the bottom of the laptop which when removed should give you access to both memory/ram stick, carefully remove both and insert one memory stick and try powering on, if still the same remove power and memory and insert other memory stick in the other slot and try powering on. If still the same could be an issue with the onboard graphics or even cable to the LCD.

If it's a desktop, will depend if you have onboard graphics or separate/dedicated graphics card. Again before removing any components remove power cable and carefully remove graphics card and try booting from onboard motherboard connection if you have one, then try single memory/ram at a time. Again, always ensure there is no power connected to the pc when removing components.

If any of this isn't clear or is double dutch to you then if you've got a friend or family member who is more knowledgeable then get them to take out the components.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help - have reserved a replacement graphics card from pc world - will fit later - fingers crossed it solves the problem
Thanks again everyone - much appreciated

Would suggest you do as previous poster Mac suggests before fitting me graphics card. It may be an unnecessary expense. Good luck.

Original Poster

Just a quick update - new graphics card installed - problem solved

Thanks again everyone

lynneariss6 h, 11 m ago

Just a quick update - new graphics card installed - problem solvedThanks …Just a quick update - new graphics card installed - problem solvedThanks again everyone

Dont bin the old card just yet as if it's a driver issue with the card.

kester768 m ago

I struggle to think with a display output like that within the failure mode environment it would be a driver issue.

Original Poster

kester769 m ago

Ok - how would I know if it is just a driver issue, new card is running perfectly

Dannyrobbo12 m ago

I struggle to think with a display output like that within the failure …I struggle to think with a display output like that within the failure mode environment it would be a driver issue.

I've seen loads of video driver crashes over the past 20 years, sometimes microsoft force a borked video driver. It just happens sometimes.

kester7611 m ago

I've seen loads of video driver crashes over the past 20 years, sometimes …I've seen loads of video driver crashes over the past 20 years, sometimes microsoft force a borked video driver. It just happens sometimes.

Yeah me too, but if on the blue screen it's out of the windows environment, if it's blocky and distorted there then it wouldn't be the driver it would be hardware failure

lynneariss26 m ago

Ok - how would I know if it is just a driver issue, new card is running …Ok - how would I know if it is just a driver issue, new card is running perfectly

Test it in another PC would be the quickest option. If the card issues persist then the card has an issue. If it's only a cheap card I wouldn't bother but if it's a good card I would atleast give it a try. If you do a quick google check you will find others that have had a similar issue in the past due to missed windows patches cause driver instability. I had an issue in the original windows 8 where my nvidia card borked but my amd card worked fine.
Worse issue I had was with 64bit version of windows 8 ramping the gpu card fan to full throttle whilst booting the 32bit version ran fine.

Original Poster

kester762 m ago

Test it in another PC would be the quickest option. If the card issues …Test it in another PC would be the quickest option. If the card issues persist then the card has an issue. If it's only a cheap card I wouldn't bother but if it's a good card I would atleast give it a try. If you do a quick google check you will find others that have had a similar issue in the past due to missed windows patches cause driver instability. I had an issue in the original windows 8 where my nvidia card borked but my amd card worked fine. Worse issue I had was with 64bit version of windows 8 ramping the gpu card fan to full throttle whilst booting the 32bit version ran fine.

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions