Groups

Help please - Purchased a PS3 from Gamestation with credit card. Now its broke!

Hi can someone help me, arguing with my mums boyfriend over this.

He bought a PS3 for my little brother in december 2007, its broke yesterday.

I don't have a reciept from gamestation ( can he go in and get a duplicate reciept ? if he shows his credit card statement ?)

Obviously the PS3 is out of the manufacturer warranty since that only lasts a year, but the sales of good act states it should be fit for use for 3 years?

Will gamestation provide a replacement or a refund if i go in with the credit card statement?

Can anyone help at all?

7 Comments

"be fit for use for 3 years?"
    Erm I don't think there is a ps3 provision in the law - SoGA only says it should last for a reasonable timeframe. Instore they will tell you to f off. Try calling head office first, if that doesn't work try CC co under s74 CCA. If that doesn't work it's court or pay for a repair.

Was it the 'yellow light of death'?

Apparently watchdog is discussing the issue tonight.

Original Poster

Serenity Now;6319670

Was it the 'yellow light of death'?Apparently watchdog is discussing the … Was it the 'yellow light of death'?Apparently watchdog is discussing the issue tonight.

Yes mate it is indeed.

Original Poster

seancampbell;6319599

"be fit for use for 3 years?"Erm I don't think there is a ps3 provision … "be fit for use for 3 years?"Erm I don't think there is a ps3 provision in the law - SoGA only says it should last for a reasonable timeframe. Instore they will tell you to f off. Try calling head office first, if that doesn't work try CC co under s74 CCA. If that doesn't work it's court or pay for a repair.

I meant the sales of good act sorry.

Will head office not ask me for a reciept?

_Darren_;6319692

I meant the sales of good act sorry.Will head office not ask me for a … I meant the sales of good act sorry.Will head office not ask me for a reciept?

They'll ask for proof of purchase, but a credit card statement should be okay if you haven't got the actual receipt.

As it's almost two years old, they'll ask you to get an independent engineer's report of the problem, to prove if the fault is down to general usage or a manufacturing fault. As it's YLOD, you might be okay. If the report turns up in your favour, they can offer anything from a partial refund to an exchange.

_Darren_;6319692

I meant the sales of good act sorry.Will head office not ask me for a … I meant the sales of good act sorry.Will head office not ask me for a reciept?

midlandscomics;6319769

They'll ask for proof of purchase, but a credit card statement should be … They'll ask for proof of purchase, but a credit card statement should be okay if you haven't got the actual receipt.As it's almost two years old, they'll ask you to get an independent engineer's report of the problem, to prove if the fault is down to general usage or a manufacturing fault. As it's YLOD, you might be okay. If the report turns up in your favour, they can offer anything from a partial refund to an exchange.

check this out...
    whatconsumer.co.uk/the…ct/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. www.disneycharms.co22
      2. Speccing a gaming pc11
      3. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door67
      4. Gaming Monitor33

See more discussions