Groups

help please re camera& computer

All of a sudden my computer is not recognising my camera when connected. Have tried updating drivers no help. i have a samsung L313 is there anything i need to do on the camera rather than the computer. The lead looks a bit bent at the end that connects to camera would this cause the trouble. i have ordered a new cable but was hoping i could sort it out before . thanks

6 Comments

you may need a card reader the same thing happened to me a while back

Original Poster

Just done that thanks never thought put card straight into printer. but wondering whuy suddenly stopped reading through camera!!!!

Original Poster

bobbins1

I know that this is probably really obvious but I don't know about these … I know that this is probably really obvious but I don't know about these things! This happened to me and it was because my computer had switched the drive where the photos were being exported from. When I click 'import photos' it was always set to my camera's drive, I never had to change this (I never even knew there was an option to) but then my computer changed the drive to something different and it wouldn't recognise that my camera was connected to it, it just kept saying 'cannot import photos' until I changed it back. Sorry if that is completely obvious to you, it wasn't to me ha ha!

what did you go into to change it back?

Original Poster

Hi I am not even getting that box just keeps telling me USB device not recognised and that it has malfunctioned. Very annoying as it was working last week!!!!

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Use a card reader instead.

my memory card goes into a slot on my computer so do I still need a card reader?

Edited by: "Ellen23" 11th Oct 2010

Banned

Ellen23

my memory card goes into a slot on my computer so do I still need a card … my memory card goes into a slot on my computer so do I still need a card reader?

of course not! that is a card reader
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…810
      2. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE34
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions