Groups

HELP PLEASE!!! SELLER IS DELAYING IN RETURNING MONEY

hI guys, so on the 20th sep, an ebay buisness seller sold me a phone through paypal gift after i put in an offer and he said to email him, i emailed him and he said if i pay by paypal then he wont have to pay the ebay fees, of £20, the phone was £200. the reason i paid him via paypal gift was because i thought i could trust him being a business seller on ebay with 100% positive feedback and almost 1800 feedback. After i send the money, hes says thanks and he will send asap i see that the item is sold on ebay as i was watching the item and confront him immediately, he tells me hes refunded the buyer and cancelled the transaction. so he told me on the 20th that hed send asap, nothing on the 21st i contact him by email this is how im communicating with him and he says hell send it 22nd first thing, again he didnt send anything and no reply from him after i keep contacting him. It was at this point i got very worried, so i knew i had to o some digging.

The phone number which was on the listing and the address, as he is a buisness seller, i looked up. I called the phone number and it was his name that came up in the voicemail. i then looked into his recently sold items and saw some heavy items with collection in person. i saw the address was different and the phone number as well. i rang the phone number and the person who picked up was apparently his 'dad', and sounded very similar to the voicmail message from the earlier number So i told him if i could speak to his son and he said hes not available he will get in touch with him in the morning and asked whats the reason, i explained everything and he said hell definitely speak to his son and sounded genuinely concerned. four minutes after getting off the phone i receive an email from him saying, im really sorry i will refund you asap, and please dont call his dad as hes old and gets worried. i said i just want my money. so the next morning i receive only £20 from him, i tell him and he says he thought hed done it. i call paypal and nothing from his side only the £20.

Ive told him not to play with me and lie and im calling his dad to tell him whats happening. he sends me this:I will refund you but if you continue you harras me i will call the police..i tell him I JUST WANT MY MONEY, hes told me he can only send £50 now and nothing Monday, and we go on until he says to me that hes sent £80 via paypal and thats the best he can do, on Friday night he tells that the banks are closed now and hell send it on monday. i told him banks are open until saturday half 12 and he has until then to send me or im doing a direct debit charge back which will forcefully get my money back.he says ok.

i check after half 12 and nothing, i ask him kindly if hes sent it knowing he hasn't and no reply.

I want advice on what to do now, call his dad, or call the police or call the bank for direct debit charge back, which i think takes 30 days?.

anyone whos been through this or has knowledge in this please share some advice and i will be very grateful! thanks!

IVE CONTACTED PAYPAL AND THEY HAVE EMAILED HIM AND TOLD ME TO CONTACT BANK FOR CHARGEBACK, ALSO I HAVE CONTACTED EBAY AND THEYRE RESTRICTING HIS ACCOUNT FOR BREACHING POLICIES

ALSO AS I HAVE ALL HIS DETAILS WAS THINKING I COULD CALL ACTION FRAUD/POLICE?

33 Comments

PayPal gift? I think you'll struggle to get a refund...

miikeyblue

PayPal gift? I think you'll struggle to get a refund...

He should of took the safer option and paid by bank transfer or Western union

unfortunately, i don't think you're going to get your money back on this

as an ebay/paypal user myself for lots of years it sounds like you've fallen into his trap going for a PPG

sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Original Poster

DarkEnergy2012

unfortunately, i don't think you're going to get your money back on this … unfortunately, i don't think you're going to get your money back on this :(as an ebay/paypal user myself for lots of years it sounds like you've fallen into his trap going for a PPGsorry to be the bearer of bad news

i think by contacting his father i can tell him, but that was a last resort

Why on earth would you trust a complete stranger?

eBay has comprehensive tutorials and advises you of the safe ways to pay.

PayPal gift for an eBay transaction is foolish and whilst I'm sorry you have lost your money, your own stupidity is to blame!

I cannot understand in this day and age, when a simple google or reading of eBay and PayPal t&c's will prevent you from giving your cash away to strangers!

Banned

- OP sends money through paypal gift
    - OP trusted seller
    - Seller couldn't be trusted
    - OP calls sellers dad
    - Dad gets upset about his son
    - Son sends some money back
    - OP calls dad again
    - Seller calls police
    - OP wants advice

http://www.memebucket.com/mb/2012/08/Paypal..-297.png
    Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 24th Sep 2016

101deal

i think by contacting his father i can tell him, but that was a last … i think by contacting his father i can tell him, but that was a last resort

always worth a try, basically appealing to his better nature or testing if they have any morals at all,
    i'm almost certain what the guy has done wouldn't be classed as fraud by the police either

PayPal "Friends & Family"?

Luke... here son...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65840296.jpg

Banned

ceres

i know and i have learned from my mistake. Clearly not.

Haha. Clueless

ceres

Wow. Zero sympathy.

Only yourself to blame.

ceres

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

I once had a similar issue and I wrote to my MP who contacted the police as well as ebay/Paypal on my behalf. I got my money back and the seller turned out to be an illegal immigrant who was eventually deported.

Looks like the only option is the metal pipe on the doorstep option.

jeez op.

1. Subbed
    2. Profit

sorry but your greed and or faith in other people makes you an easy target
    to be scammed.

Paypal would have given your money but not if you do it as a gift. Good luck

Original Poster

he just replied:
    I am very sorry about this but i cannot do it until monday or tuesday.. Please be pateint and i promise i will do it.. I basically dont have any money until then but i gurarantee that i will do it..

Banned

ceres

http://i.imgur.com/u49RY3N.gif

Banned

101deal

he just replied:I am very sorry about this but i cannot do it until … he just replied:I am very sorry about this but i cannot do it until monday or tuesday.. Please be pateint and i promise i will do it.. I basically dont have any money until then but i gurarantee that i will do it..

Do you believe him?

MrScotchBonnet

Do you believe him?

I don't!

Original Poster

he has just given me his number and asked me to call him

Banned

101deal

Ok well I hope it works out for you, but as the saying goes ''fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me''. As this seems to be the second time you have been stung by similair circumstances you should consider yourself very fortunate to get anything back.

Please in future, play by the rules and you will be fine. Stop and take a second to think about what you're doing and don't put your trust in total stangers just because ''they seem nice''. The internet is full of scammers and even reputable people can get caught up in the moment and take advantage of what seems to be an easy target. Money brings out the worst in people, trust me.

Hopefully this buyers conscience is getting the better of him which it sounds like it might be. In some ways I blame you more than him (as mad as that sounds).

Hope you get your money back and don't get into anything like this again.

I don't think you can get the money but I know some serious ways you can cause inconvenience, I want to help you do this but I'm afraid you will mess it up and will not learn. Also this won't be the last time this happens.

You can get the money through smalls claims, you have a record of money sent etc so it's your only option. But you don't seem like you would go that far for it.

Should ALWAYS buy through paypal through ebay as its just not worth it over £20

Want to buy some shares in a treacle mine? I accept Paypal gift, and I promise I'm honest...really...cross my heart....!!

Damn, you've been stupid - Twice if your comment is to be believed ( hotukdeals.com/tag/ask…695 ) though to be honest, I can't believe anyone is that stupid.

You got to be a wind-up merchant.

MR1123

I don't think you can get the money but I know some serious ways you can … I don't think you can get the money but I know some serious ways you can cause inconvenience, I want to help you do this but I'm afraid you will mess it up and will not learn. Also this won't be the last time this happens.

Do share the inconvenience methods.

101deal

​have you called him on his new number?

This sound all too familiar. When people have a gambling problem these are the excuses you hear from them (I have been in the same situation as you a few times ).
    The seller has sold your phone twice and is using your money to fund his addiction. He is trying to win money to pay you back.

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 25th Sep 2016

The only people who have tried to scam me have issued a refund once I have told them that I will proceed with small claims court and they will be liable for all fees incurred.
    If you've paid a large sum of money and have proof it was for a purchase then I'd consider opening a case as it's only £25 and if you win he'll have to pay the fees.

Name and shame eBay seller account

Original Poster

just received my money back through paypal by the seller
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1313
      2. PC Headset Advice11
      3. Outdoor security camera.11
      4. 4K tv with HDR good deal?22

See more discussions