Groups

Help please son has smashed my iphone !

my son who is 2 got hold of my iphone and next minute he bought it back to me and the screen is all smashed! the inside screen is still fine can I just buy a replacement screen? thanks rep will be left

26 Comments

yeah erm 1 min will try and find the kit

they should have the screens for all models

iphone-repairs.co.uk/spa…tml

you might be best having a search around as i found one once that came with the little screwdrivers for free as well

report it to the police, they should issue a caution

Original Poster

akme;7421091

yeah erm 1 min will try and find the kitthey should have the screens for … yeah erm 1 min will try and find the kitthey should have the screens for all modelshttp://www.iphone-repairs.co.uk/spares%20iphone%203gs.htmlyou might be best having a search around as i found one once that came with the little screwdrivers for free as well

would this be ok ebay number 220531471410 or 320453038418 -my phone is 16gb 3gs

Kellie + Paisley;7421123

would this be ok 220531471410 ebay

yeah looks it..and a good price as well

Original Poster

akme;7421152

yeah looks it..and a good price as well

just emailed them will only work for 3g one doh!!

I have just had the same problem and had to look into buying a replacement screen. The screens were about £17.00. However it does like a very tricky procedure to change the screen. There are several videos on you tube showing you how. Fortunatly my phone was covered by its insurance. You can also send your phone away to get it fixed although this will cost considerably more. Aprox £60 to £70. The over option is to take it to an apple store for repair although that is very expensive , well over £120

dont let your 2 year old son play with your expensive iphone then

Banned

I don't have kids because I hate them, but frankly I would consider putting him up for adoption OP. I know kids are kids, make mistakes, damage stuff. But this is an iPhone - get rid.

vibeone;7421343

I don't have kids because I hate them, but frankly I would consider … I don't have kids because I hate them, but frankly I would consider putting him up for adoption OP. I know kids are kids, make mistakes, damage stuff. But this is an iPhone - get rid.

What he said...

While you're looking on ebay consider listing the kid...

vibeone;7421343

I don't have kids because I hate them, but frankly I would consider … I don't have kids because I hate them, but frankly I would consider putting him up for adoption OP. I know kids are kids, make mistakes, damage stuff. But this is an iPhone - get rid.

aww you big meanie. doesnt matter if its a cheap phone or a expensive one kids always want to play with them. so if it in reach then it there:giggle:

vibeone;7421343

+101

I would make sure he couldnt sit down for a week, then phone social services and get shut.

Don't leave expensive items where a badly behaved 2 year old can get their hands on them.

Try item 350294834288 on Ebay - screen replaced for £49.99 + your postage costs. I have used him for iPhone repairs and he is good. I would give him a call first to check current turnaround time as my last repair took about a week.

I would seriously advise against attempting it yourself as you can easily do more damage! iPhones seem to be specially designed to ensure that Apple make huge profits on repairs.

Banned

im sure i read somewhere that you can get a dummy replica of your phone and take the screen from it to replace your broken one, think the dummies are about £10-£20...

Original Poster

micoo;7421318

Inactive;7421429

Don't leave expensive items where a badly behaved 2 year old can get … Don't leave expensive items where a badly behaved 2 year old can get their hands on them.

my son is not badly behaved! yes he has broken my iphone but accidents happen! and yes it was my fault for leaving it in my bag..

Kellie + Paisley;7421709

my son is not badly behaved! yes he has broken my iphone but accidents … my son is not badly behaved! yes he has broken my iphone but accidents happen! and yes it was my fault for leaving it in my bag..

Just ignore them hun, hope you get you phone fixed.:thumbsup:

Kellie + Paisley;7421709

my son is not badly behaved! yes he has broken my iphone but accidents … my son is not badly behaved! yes he has broken my iphone but accidents happen! and yes it was my fault for leaving it in my bag..

That's how its starts... iphones at 2, bus shelters at 10, he'll be selling weapons grade plutonium to the russians by the time he 14...

Banned

Kellie + Paisley;7421709

He broke an iphone. I don't care whether it was yours, mine, or a strangers in the street - he IS badly behaved and you should either get him adopted, or at the very least taken to the isolation wing of a young offenders institution.

BlondeBella;7421758

Just ignore them hun, hope you get you phone fixed.:thumbsup:

Only a day or two more of the "helpful comments" before they go back to school. ;-)

Kellie + Paisley;7421709

My 2 year old Grand Daughter picks up my mobile on almost every visit to me, she would never ever damage it.

She would never go in to anyones handbag either.

She is well behaved, your Son clearly is not.

Banned

Inactive;7421880

My 2 year old Grand Daughter picks up my mobile on almost every visit to … My 2 year old Grand Daughter picks up my mobile on almost every visit to me, she would never ever damage it.She would never go in to anyones handbag either.She is well behaved, your Son clearly is not.

inb4 OP (poor) comeback.

My god ur all out today lol Op did not ask for a lecture on bringing up a child she asked for help with her iphone!!!

(NOTE TO OP) just a bit of advice when asking for help on here never tell the whole story, because people with nothing better to do think they can lecture you without any regards to ur feelings.

Good luck with ur phone

micoo;7421318

vibeone;7421343

+1

take no notice of the comments, its clear they are messing...adoption :roll:

Cheapest option would be to have another kid. That way ur son wont get board and smash stuff up etc.

Banned

vibeone;7421832

He broke an iphone. I don't care whether it was yours, mine, or a … He broke an iphone. I don't care whether it was yours, mine, or a strangers in the street - he IS badly behaved and you should either get him adopted, or at the very least taken to the isolation wing of a young offenders institution.

It's clearly a sign of trouble ahead.

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/736/736024/dexter-20060927072657416-000.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31156
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism35

See more discussions