Groups

Help please!! Transfering songs from ipod to ipad!

I have an old ipod mini that is full and has most music I own on it. I don't hav a copy of all the music on itunes as it'll be on a broken and binned laptop from years ago.

I have a netbook...how can I transfer all the music onto my ipad!!

Thanks

9 Comments

Banned

Have you heard of "Google"

Original Poster

dimebars

I have, unfortunatley it's blocked at my work so obviously I can't search for the info. Have you heard of manners?

As far as i know you cant transfer from one to the other, you just have to connect your new device to your pc to download itunes music

dimebars

if you got nothing constructive to say why not just say nothing, this site is a community site not a free for all.

Just download a free program called sharepod and it will copy the contents on your iPod onto your pc or external drive then you can add them onto your iPad

Original Poster

NFS

Just download a free program called sharepod and it will copy the … Just download a free program called sharepod and it will copy the contents on your iPod onto your pc or external drive then you can add them onto your iPad

Great have just doen that but it says I need to connect my old ipod to the itunes first. Sorry I'm really stupid when it comes to this. The itunes I have on my netbook only has a few songs on it that are also on a new ipod I have. If I plug in the old ipod (that hasn't been updated for years!) will it delete all the music on my old ipod and replace it with the few songs on my itunes? I obv don't want that!

Cheers

Can't remember it asking me to do that but done mine a while back
    Which option did you use on the program? When I done mine I just used the back up option and then it just copied everything over to my laptop

If the program has already made a copy of your iPod it should be ok to load up iTunes as it will probably just want you to move them over onto your iPad. iTunes shouldn't delete the other stuff unless you have it synched to the library so any changes on iTunes would affect the iPod.

Original Poster

It's saying ipod not found, however you can see it in the my documents. I tried it with the newer ipod thats been update in the past few years and its working fine.

Is there any way to update my old ipod but keep all the 1000s of songs on it untouched?

Original Poster

Meant to say with the old ipod I want the tunes from...it doesn't even get as far as the sharepod screen as it says to connect to itunes!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767236
      2. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1111
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?918
      4. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…45

See more discussions