Groups

Help please, trying to download Adobe Reader without automatically installing it

I'm trying to download Adobe Reader so I can transfer it on to memory stick and put on someone's computer(that has no internet access), but when I try to download it it automatically installs it on my computer without giving me the option to save the install/setup file which I need to transfer onto another computer.

Can anyone suggest a way around this please?

8 Comments

clicky.. That should work

Have you considered a freeware alternative? theres foxit which is good, I find adobe reader has become a bit bloated lately.

Original Poster

thanks everyone. never really considered an alternative but will check it out

Sumatra PDF is a fantastic alternative - less that 2mb and you don't even have to install it.

really do consider an alternative, adobe will bog the machine down with its auto update trying to find an internet connection

harlzter

Have you considered a freeware alternative? theres foxit which is good, I … Have you considered a freeware alternative? theres foxit which is good, I find adobe reader has become a bit bloated lately.

+1
    Agreed, Foxit is excellent..(_;)

Original Poster

Cool, thanks. Will do.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3361209
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…79
      3. What is there free to do in your town?1523
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…2044

See more discussions