Help Please: Trying to recover photos from an iPhone backup on to a macbook

Posted 17th Nov
Hi all,
The backup won't restore on to my iphone so I want to open the backup up on my macbook and pull the photos out of it.

Can anyone recommend any software for this please?

Cheers all.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Are your photos backed up to iCloud?
Haircut_10017/11/2019 20:52

Are your photos backed up to iCloud?

No, they are backed up to my macbook.
Happysteveo17/11/2019 20:58

No, they are backed up to my macbook.

Is your Macbook backed up to a Time Machine (ie an external hard drive that automatically backs itself up)? And why can't you open the backup of your iPhone on your Mac, what is preventing this?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 17th Nov
Haircut_10017/11/2019 21:05

Is your Macbook backed up to a Time Machine (ie an external hard drive …Is your Macbook backed up to a Time Machine (ie an external hard drive that automatically backs itself up).

No I've not started using time machine.
If you install Flickr on Mac and iPhone you can upload all to Mac then they will be available on Flickr app. I think you could then download from app into iPhone photo.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 17th Nov
I can open the backup on my Mac but the files as scattered all over the place and I can’t find any jpgs.
Happysteveo17/11/2019 21:58

I can open the backup on my Mac but the files as scattered all over the …I can open the backup on my Mac but the files as scattered all over the place and I can’t find any jpgs.

I'll be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by recovering photos from your Mac. Are you trying to restore a complete backup of your iPhone from your Mac or are you wanting to just transfer some old pictures from that have been deleted from your iPhone from your storage somwhere. Also what happens when you open up the Photos app on your Mac and browse through the various folders, do you not see your pictures there? It's also worth signing in to iCloud to see if your photos have been automatically synced to the cloud from either your iPhone or Mac.

Maybe this might help you.
syncios.com/itu…tml
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 17th Nov
I understand what you mean and have done this for windows. For Mac there is a program called iBackup Viewer. Not sure how legit it is but you just need to google and there are tons of results.
On your phone have you got iCloud backup on?
Haircut_10017/11/2019 22:08

I'll be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by recovering …I'll be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by recovering photos from your Mac. Are you trying to restore a complete backup of your iPhone from your Mac or are you wanting to just transfer some old pictures from that have been deleted from your iPhone from your storage somwhere. Also what happens when you open up the Photos app on your Mac and browse through the various folders, do you not see your pictures there? It's also worth signing in to iCloud to see if your photos have been automatically synced to the cloud from either your iPhone or Mac.Maybe this might help you.https://www.syncios.com/itunes/recover-deleted-photos-from-itunes-backup.html

Okay, what I meant was I created a backup on my macbook, and I'm trying to get the photos out of that backup. If I try to get them in photos it just says unsupported file type. No joy in icloud.com . Thanks for the link :-)
OllieSt18/11/2019 06:40

On your phone have you got iCloud backup on?

No it didn't, too many photos!
reece.dowson18/11/2019 06:01

I understand what you mean and have done this for windows. For Mac there …I understand what you mean and have done this for windows. For Mac there is a program called iBackup Viewer. Not sure how legit it is but you just need to google and there are tons of results.

Cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants