Groups

Help Please - What do i need to be able.........

to watch the movies i have on my HDD on our TV, wirelessly.?

Is there anything i can buy to be able to do this?

Thanks for any help.

13 Comments

Its not exactly the solution you're asking for, but you could buy a NAS server, connect that to your router and network it with your PC, transfer the files from your HDD to the NAS wirelessly (which can be slow) then play them back off the NAS.

Alternatively, I'd pick up a cheap DVD player that supports DIVX and burn the files to a CD/DVD. Thats what I did. Argos do (or did) a Bush player for about £25 which will play DIVX.

Banned

I've always found wireless streaming a pain in the chuff-hole and usually unreliable. Use a DVD or get a DVD player that can read from memory cards (that's what we've got and it's so easy to use, save burning DVDs)

Remember though, if you illegally download copyrighted films then you are supporting terrorism and you like it when people die:
    http://www.dan-jackson.com/smilies/terror.gif

i pickup a Netgear EVA700, which does exactly that "streams media to you tv" wireless or wired.
    works like a charm.

Original Poster

Thanks all

DanJackson;3966113

I've always found wireless streaming a pain in the chuff-hole and usually … I've always found wireless streaming a pain in the chuff-hole and usually unreliable. Use a DVD or get a DVD player that can read from memory cards (that's what we've got and it's so easy to use, save burning DVDs)Remember though, if you illegally download copyrighted films then you are supporting terrorism and you like it when people die:

I always thought downloading priate films funded organised crime... although I'm not sure how when you don't pay anything for them the governement says its true so it must be

use an xbox 360

DanJackson;3966113

I've always found wireless streaming a pain in the chuff-hole and usually … I've always found wireless streaming a pain in the chuff-hole and usually unreliable. Use a DVD or get a DVD player that can read from memory cards (that's what we've got and it's so easy to use, save burning DVDs)Remember though, if you illegally download copyrighted films then you are supporting terrorism and you like it when people die:

And each time you watch one of those downloaded films a puppy dies.

ding;3966371

use an xbox 360

Can you download a movie, put it on a usb and then play through a 360?

Banned

ChipSticks;3966375

And each time you watch one of those downloaded films a puppy dies.

http://www.dan-jackson.com/smilies/woof.gif

vengod;3966388

you can do it if the xbox and your PC are networked via windows media center, which kind of fits the 'wireless' bill if the xbox is using a wireless network adaptor, but I think there are issues over what formats you can play, not sure its easy to get it to play divx/xvid

I have a 2.5" media caddy that sits behind my plasma tv and plugs into the tv via usb, only one cable and its all out of sight plays all manor of video files including xvid/divx etc, cost me £49 try ]this

chrishill;3966534

you can do it if the xbox and your PC are networked via windows media … you can do it if the xbox and your PC are networked via windows media center, which kind of fits the 'wireless' bill if the xbox is using a wireless network adaptor, but I think there are issues over what formats you can play, not sure its easy to get it to play divx/xvid

Cheers - I tried to set up Windows extension but failed

lol nevermind ey...

vengod;3966388

think you can you will need to do an update via xbox live silver for it to play avi format films
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1214
      2. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      3. Biscuit addiction1231
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325

See more discussions