Groups

Help please with laptop virus

It looks like my son has downloaded a virus on to his laptop.
    I keep getting these messages pop u,p saying someone is trying to hack into his laptop. I have tried uninstalling it but to no avail.
    Its called something like Antimalware Doctor.
    Help please getting it off.
    BTW, he is on windows 7 and has Microsoft Security Essentials.

11 Comments

Banned

bleepingcomputer.com/vir…tor

scroll down to the link for malware btyes anti malware, and go from there

might have to download it on another laptop

why didnt MSE stop it or detect it?

bizarre considering MSE gets some very good detection reports.

Banned

slackrat77;8097746

why didnt MSE stop it or detect it?bizarre considering MSE gets some very … why didnt MSE stop it or detect it?bizarre considering MSE gets some very good detection reports.

these kind of malware issues go right through any AV it seems, not just the MS ones
    i have had several computers with that nasty antivirus2010 on, and has gone through all the popular AV's anyway

and that particular nasty is now immune to malwarebytes and needs a complete reinstall now.....

aw, man. i hate that.
    i spent most of this afternoon trying to remove AVG free from a customers laptop, that it turned out was also riddled with allsortsa crap too.

i was supposed to be on the shop floor but it wasnt that busy, so i got permission to go strip down this laptop and see why it wouldnt connect to the net after 2 hours of it being sold!!

in the end, just did a reformat and advised the customer not to install anything security wise, that i hadnt listed!

I'd say use NOD32 and for checking spy-ware use something like Spydoctor or Spybot search & destroy.

my list was Spybot, spyware doc, malwarebytes
    and for internet security in general-eset, kaspersky, norton 2010
    cos they score the highest and earn the best reviews online

Is it the one that gives all the false security warnings and tries to get you to purchase it to 'fix' al the problems,

Daughter got that on her pc last weekend,took me ages to get it sorted with the malwarebytes scanner,it ran for hours,got it removed but it was still lurking in the restore files,had to disable system restore and seems to be gone for good now,but it's a right nasty one

Avg didn't detect it at all

slackrat77;8097746

why didnt MSE stop it or detect it?

It might have, but no antivirus can protect against user stupidity - someone who clicks install anyway after they have been warned

DragonChris;8098208

It might have, but no antivirus can protect against user stupidity - … It might have, but no antivirus can protect against user stupidity - someone who clicks install anyway after they have been warned

it seems to bypass antivirus's,they,or some anyhow,don't detect it

Original Poster

Thank you for all your help!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492108
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35192
      3. What is there free to do in your town?2443
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2445

See more discussions