Groups

help please with xbox 360 wifi N adaptor

hi people ive got a faulty N wifi adaptor but finding it hard to find the receipt for it only had it a few month but xbox has said they replace it free if i can find it. can anyone help me with the proof?
    EVEN IF ITS A COPY DONT HAVE THE ORIGNAL
    rep would be given
    or is there anyway of getting round it?
    thanks for your help

13 Comments

You got a credit card/bank statement.
    that's proof of purchase

How is it faulty ?

I have a reciept

Original Poster

paid in cash.
    but just need a copy dont have to be orignal but need asap

Original Poster

bump1

Original Poster

it not connect to live unless i unplug and put it back in then it sets up but pain in back side.

Tell them it hasnt even been out for a year so it cant be out of warranty. Plus shops dont have to give you a reciept so they shouldnt be requesting one.

^

Exactly

Banned

what if someones bought one online

Banned

just prinout your statement and cross out your important info

Original Poster

yes then what? if someone did.
    paid in cash

Original Poster

bump2

deathtrap3000;7962364

Tell them it hasnt even been out for a year so it cant be out of … Tell them it hasnt even been out for a year so it cant be out of warranty. Plus shops dont have to give you a reciept so they shouldnt be requesting one.

sme24185;7965281

bump2

Is this something you cannot do.

As mentioned above the sales of goods act states that a shop does not have to give you a receipt by law. When you try to take something back to a shop you can expect them to say to you well OK saying as you have no receipt you will have to prove you bought it here before we can sanction any refund/replacement/repair but this does not apply to you as you are dealing with M$ (are you not ?)

Also I believe as mentioned above the N adapter has not been on sale in UK for 1 year so why would you need to prove it's still in warranty >? It is as It can only be an age under 1 year

I would be asking them to phone you , or you phone them or answer the email that requested you to provide receipt with the info above as they are being obstructive and creating you hassle where none should exist to have your faulty goods replaced/ repaired obviously within the warranty period
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????56
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.11
      3. Now tv entertainment passes22
      4. Any free Now TV sports passes?33

See more discussions