Help Please: Xiaomi Note 4 Bricked!

Found 27th Dec 2017
Hi all! I have read and read and I just can't do it so hoping someone knowledgeable can help. My dad recently got a xiaomi note 4 but has 'bricked' it - he doesn't know the PIN and can't get in. We've tried every single forum and youtube video to try and fix it - we also needed to update it allegdly to find a fix but we couldn't do that either. Can anyone advise? Would seriously appreciate any help at all. We just need to reset it or get it in. Thank you so so much!
Community Updates
AskElectronics
5 Comments
What's your definition of bricked? The reason I ask is because a bricked phone doesn't ask for a PIN, a bricked phone doesn't boot up when you power it on. To get help you need to describe what you're talking about more accurately; what, if anything, has he been trying to do to it, and what happens when he powers it on?
I updated my xiaomi note 3 (different model) and it Encrypted itself and requested a pin? I never had a pin.. Turns out the only fix is to factory reset. So I did.. Fortunately I registered the phone with xiaomi and had setup an account when prompted, when I first had the phone so if like magic it put my phone back to how it was.. You might need to manually install apps ect if you never setup a xiaomi account.. Sounds to me like the software update had a bug like I experienced. Factory reset phone to fix
Edited by: "wayners" 27th Dec 2017
Original Poster
bryanhaines39927th Dec 2017

What's your definition of bricked? The reason I ask is because a bricked …What's your definition of bricked? The reason I ask is because a bricked phone doesn't ask for a PIN, a bricked phone doesn't boot up when you power it on. To get help you need to describe what you're talking about more accurately; what, if anything, has he been trying to do to it, and what happens when he powers it on?

Oh my mistake- there’s so many terms!Basically a pin has been set when we set up the phone but now we don’t know what the pin is and if we try you have to wait several hours to try again, but we have tried all the obvious combinations!
LogicalHarm57 m ago

Oh my mistake- there’s so many terms!Basically a pin has been set when we s …Oh my mistake- there’s so many terms!Basically a pin has been set when we set up the phone but now we don’t know what the pin is and if we try you have to wait several hours to try again, but we have tried all the obvious combinations!

Did you put a Google account on it? The 2nd result on my search below suggests a way to use that to overcome the problem, or maybe the video in the first result.

google.co.uk/sea…F-8
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions