Groups
    EXPIRED

Help Please....Are all contract phones from o2 unlocked...

Hi As above. Thanks for any help.

19 Comments

the answer to your question is...no not all

Banned

renown;4622022

+1

Original Poster

renown;4622022

PabloInTheSky;4622044

+1

Thank you both for your replys.....Is there anyway of knowing because i'm selling a phone as brand new and sealed and thought if i opened it and checked it might lower the value of it. Thanks.

It costs about £10 to get a phone unlocked.

Could leave that to the person who buys it!

mackenzie;4622074

Thank you both for your replys.....Is there anyway of knowing because i'm … Thank you both for your replys.....Is there anyway of knowing because i'm selling a phone as brand new and sealed and thought if i opened it and checked it might lower the value of it. Thanks.

No mobiles that are on contract are locked to a network, my mate gave me a Motorola he had on contract with o2 3 months ago, he had a free upgrade and they didnt want his old phone back (or forgot about it) put my virgin payg sim and worked fine, used it is Australia with a telstra sim i bought over there and it worked fine:)

Original Poster

Butterflies;4622082

It costs about £10 to get a phone unlocked.Could leave that to the person … It costs about £10 to get a phone unlocked.Could leave that to the person who buys it!

Hi, Could do but i thought unlocked phones were worth and i would get more interest. Thanks.

Original Poster

clondikemike;4622111

No mobiles that are on contract are locked to a network, my mate gave me … No mobiles that are on contract are locked to a network, my mate gave me a Motorola he had on contract with o2 3 months ago, he had a free upgrade and they didnt want his old phone back (or forgot about it) put my virgin payg sim and worked fine, used it is Australia with a telstra sim i bought over there and it worked fine:)

Hi, Thanks clondikemike. Thats what i thought because all the phones i've had have been unlocked but thought i'd better make sure.

The Only One Ive Ever Had Locked On O2 Is The Iphone, Even The N96 Was Unlocked

Original Poster

MANJ_007;4622178

The Only One Ive Ever Had Locked On O2 Is The Iphone, Even The N96 Was … The Only One Ive Ever Had Locked On O2 Is The Iphone, Even The N96 Was Unlocked

Thanks MANJ_007...

Contract phones that I have had from O2 have been locked.
    I only tried an orange sim but it did not work.
    I always presumed they would be locked.

Original Poster

MCH1;4622224

Contract phones that I have had from O2 have been locked. I only tried an … Contract phones that I have had from O2 have been locked. I only tried an orange sim but it did not work.I always presumed they would be locked.

Thanks for your reply.....the phone is a sony ericsson w980 so if anyone has received one from o2 and can confirm if it's unlocked that would be great. Thanks :thumbsup:

mackenzie;4622258

Thanks for your reply.....the phone is a sony ericsson w980 so if anyone … Thanks for your reply.....the phone is a sony ericsson w980 so if anyone has received one from o2 and can confirm if it's unlocked that would be great. Thanks :thumbsup:

I buy contract devices from O2 at work and they are all locked, remember there is a balance between how much you get for it unlocked and how much it would be unopened

All Asda phones are unlocked i think its all phones instore and not just the ones on Asda but not 100%

mackenzie;4622074

Thank you both for your replys.....Is there anyway of knowing because i'm … Thank you both for your replys.....Is there anyway of knowing because i'm selling a phone as brand new and sealed and thought if i opened it and checked it might lower the value of it. Thanks.

you would be well advised to open the box to check the contents are complete incase your purchaser says otherwise and put on your advertisment its opened to check the contents were complete. :thumbsup:

dcx_badass;4622803

AFAIK O2 phones are locked unless you got it from carphone warehouse. O2 … AFAIK O2 phones are locked unless you got it from carphone warehouse. O2 phones are pretty much debranded though.

Might explain why all mine have been unlocked in the past! Cheers

Original Poster

renown;4622766

you would be well advised to open the box to check the contents are … you would be well advised to open the box to check the contents are complete incase your purchaser says otherwise and put on your advertisment its opened to check the contents were complete. :thumbsup:

dcx_badass;4622803

AFAIK O2 phones are locked unless you got it from carphone warehouse. O2 … AFAIK O2 phones are locked unless you got it from carphone warehouse. O2 phones are pretty much debranded though.

Thanks for your help.....I've had 3 samsung phones from o2 online and they've all been unlocked. Would the box be o2 branded if it was locked? Thanks.

yes they are unlocked, contract ones are. :thumbsup:
    had 2 contract phones direct from 02 n95's unlocked and also 2 Sony Ericsson K750i from phones 4 u on contract which were also unlocked. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

esq3585;4626635

yes they are unlocked, contract ones are. :thumbsup:had 2 contract phones … yes they are unlocked, contract ones are. :thumbsup:had 2 contract phones direct from 02 n95's unlocked and also 2 Sony Ericsson K750i from phones 4 u on contract which were also unlocked. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help esq3585 :thumbsup:

no probs
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?25116
      2. Boom2511
      3. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam78
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891616

See more discussions