Help please...voda 3g with dell mini 9...about to pull my hair out

Hi,
I have the Mini 9 with Unbunto OS
Has anyone successfully downloaded and installed the driver for the Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB stick? (K3520)

I can't seem to find a tutorial so I can't get online with it (its my only internet type connection-currently using it in my desktop pc)

I was given this advice below ....

download modeswitch and vodafone-connect from the Dell Mini section:
forge.betavine.net/frs…209

download on another computer to USB stick, and copy onto your home directory in ubuntu
then install

read the install.txt files for further information

I have ran the driver in the terminal like it states but when I run the debug it uninstalls them...I'm going to cry.....or sell it !
Had no help from Vodafone...I can't find any dummies guide for it...only people talking jargon..some of it I understand some I don't

Anyone succesfully done this that can explain pleasssseeee xx

4 Comments

Not sure if this would be any good to you , but its worth a try ]http//ww…om/

[FONT="Verdana"]Unfortunately I don't have this model of netbook but I think your best bet is to check out the following forum for the Dell Mini series netbooks but also the following deal threads, as I'm sure this has been covered on them.

MyDellMini • Dell Inspiron Mini Blog & Forum
mydellmini.com/forum/

EXPIRED - DELL Inspiron Mini 9, 1GB RAM, 8GB HD, 8.9" TFT Only £99 Delivered
hotukdeals.com/for…491

EXPIRED - Dell Mini 9 webbook now from £148.99 (ubuntu) £50 off Also £90 off next high spec model. 48hr sale!
hotukdeals.com/for…101

EXPIRED - £179 - Dell Mini 9, 8.9" Display, Intel N270, 1Gb Ram, 8Gb SSD, Wifi, B'tooth, Webcam, Linux. 48hr sale!
hotukdeals.com/ite…-n/

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

I must of spent what seemed like a week trying to install Voda BB Dongle with no luck ! betavine.net/bvp…320 gave up in the end, I honestly don't think its possible on Dells Ubuntu version. In the end I installed MiniXP works no probs now.

Original Poster

Just can't do it...I think its going to be for sale soon
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764000
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386133
    4. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders68

See more discussions