Found 30th Mar 2011
My lap top has lost all my folders saved in my documents folder, ,saved downloads as well as the icons from my desk top except recycle bin and internet explorer icon . When i keep my curser on all programs it shows empty . When i open my add or remove programme i have all intact.The used space on my hard drive is 80 Gb and free space is 12 GB.I tried to do system restore it only allowed me to restore to previous date and i was not able to obtain my downloads and saved folders .Yesterday when i was on line there was a error message that my hard drive has failed .II have got all my photos and important documents .Help much appreciated
Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

Original Poster

Sorry for the typing error

Guessing a little here:

Can you right click start and see 'Explore All users' ?
In the Documents and Settings, does it list a number of user accounts?
I wonder whether your usual user account has corrupted and the laptop has created a new one, which you are now using.
You might see eg: funcool (your old profile) and maybe, funcool.000 (the new one)
If so, you should be able to copy files from the old profile to your new one.

Have deleted your thread in Feedback funcool.

Misc is the place for it. Im sure you will get the help you need.

Original Poster

Sorry abot that little upset

Original Poster

BurntEffigy

Guessing a little here:Can you right click start and see 'Explore All … Guessing a little here:Can you right click start and see 'Explore All users' ?In the Documents and Settings, does it list a number of user accounts?I wonder whether your usual user account has corrupted and the laptop has created a new one, which you are now using.You might see eg: funcool (your old profile) and maybe, funcool.000 (the new one)If so, you should be able to copy files from the old profile to your new one.

I tried your advice when i clicked on aocuments and setting there is all users and start menu only it doesnt show any list of user accounts
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Typical cost of boiler installation67
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London11
    3. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…11
    4. Aliexpress - To be trusted?79

See more discussions